Unable to add a new event

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

DSelzle

Unable to add a new event

Post by DSelzle »

For the past few weeks, we have been sporadically unable to add a new event to the Event Calendar. This is occurring on all our computers, including the one on which the PowerChurch data is stored. When I click "Add a New Event", it lets me go through the whole process of inputting the event information, and when I click Finish, it says "The event has been successfully added", but when I close the window, no event has actually been added to the calendar. This only happens some of the time, though--if I come back an hour later and try it again, it might work.

Only once have I gotten an error message of any kind: http://i.imgur.com/U8qiCzO.png

We're running the latest maintenance release of PC 11.55, program date 3/23/16, on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines.

NeilZ

Re: Unable to add a new event

Post by NeilZ »

DSelzle wrote:For the past few weeks, we have been sporadically unable to add a new event to the Event Calendar. This is occurring on all our computers, including the one on which the PowerChurch data is stored. When I click "Add a New Event", it lets me go through the whole process of inputting the event information, and when I click Finish, it says "The event has been successfully added", but when I close the window, no event has actually been added to the calendar. This only happens some of the time, though--if I come back an hour later and try it again, it might work.

Only once have I gotten an error message of any kind: http://i.imgur.com/U8qiCzO.png

We're running the latest maintenance release of PC 11.55, program date 3/23/16, on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines.
Unfortunately, this is a 'catch all' error code from the database system. As the message said, the actual error reason can be found in the file vfp9err.log. That said, I haven't see this type of error in a LONG time.

If you could open that file, it should be a text file, and cut and paste the data it may help identify the issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Please give us a call at (800) 486-1800 and a technician will help you get this fixed. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern.

This specific issue is considered a problem in the program and there will not be a charge for the service.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I figured that what the final advice would be :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

DSelzle

Post by DSelzle »

I just installed the maintenance release that came out today (3/30/16), and now the events seem to be working just fine. I'm not sure if the maintenance release fixed something, or if it's just chance that it decided to work. I'll keep an eye on it to see whether it keeps working or not.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

That is one of the things fixed in this Maintenance Release.

DSelzle

Post by DSelzle »

Zorak wrote:That is one of the things fixed in this Maintenance Release.
Wonderful. Thank you!