Printing Canadian Tax Receipts

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Fairview UC

Printing Canadian Tax Receipts

Post by Fairview UC »

We are new to using PowerChurch and I am struggling a bit to get us ready to print our Canadian tax receipts. We have had a request for a receipt now (outside of typical tax season), so I have been getting the system set up but have run into a snag. In the setup, I have imported the signature, put in our charity registration number, charity officer name, starting receipt number (which is up in the 1000s) and the location (our city). When I go to a print test, it has all the information except for the receipt number (listed as #1 in test) and the location issued (listed as CRA location in test). My questions are:

Will the final receipt have the proper number and location (our city) on it? Or have I done something wrong?
How do I go about printing an individual receipt outside of the typical tax season (January/February)? And will this cause problems when it does come to be that time?

Thank you in advance! :D

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Printing Canadian Tax Receipts

Post by Zorak »

The test print is just there to help make sure your imported signature image is working correctly. It's not an actual receipt, so it doesn't have all of the information you have entered.

To issue an individual receipt, go to Contributions > Reports - Contributions and choose Individual Contribution Statement. There is a step near the end of that process that allows you to generate a tax receipt rather than the standard Contribution Statement.

It is important to note that PowerChurch issues a receipt number and records it in the receipt history for auditing purposes each time you generate receipts, so you should only generate a tax receipt when you are intending to actually deliver it to the donor.

If you are just running a report to look at it on the screen and verify the contribution amounts entered, leave it as a standard Contribution Statement and don't enable the option to generate a tax receipt.