Printing Check-in Bar Codes

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

konicaguy

Printing Check-in Bar Codes

Post by konicaguy »

Hello again,

I am looking at making check-in ID badges/key chain cards for parents to keep and carry to use to check their child in on Sundays to the nursery. How can I get the bar codes from the PC Attendance form printed out on a separate label or card that can be laminated and re-used each week?

THANKS,
KONICAGUY

NeilZ

Re: Printing Check-in Bar Codes

Post by NeilZ »

konicaguy wrote:Hello again,

I am looking at making check-in ID badges/key chain cards for parents to keep and carry to use to check their child in on Sundays to the nursery. How can I get the bar codes from the PC Attendance form printed out on a separate label or card that can be laminated and re-used each week?

THANKS,
KONICAGUY
It won't work with Powerchurch Check-In. Check-In creates its own barcode, and I do believe it is based on the activity as well as the current date.

AFAIK, you can't create the attendance bar codes outside of the Attendance reports, that said, you may be able to cut and paste from the on-screen report to a Word document you can then use to create the badges.

I believe Check-In was designed to create one-use only codes as part of the security for nurseries and such.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Printing Check-in Bar Codes

Post by Zorak »

You can actually print attendance bar code labels in PowerChurch at Membership > Attendance > Reports - Attendance > Attendance Register Form. It is one of the layouts you can select in the first step.

They will print on 30 label sheets, just stick them on your name badge or ID card.

There are two types of labels used in PowerChurch Check In. The preprinted bar codes such as those that you purchase as plastic cards with key tags (like your grocery store discount card) or labels printed from Attendance are used only to look up the person when they scan in to a check in station.

The second bar code that is used is as Neil said, when checking in to each activity each day, the program can print one use bar codes specific to that person and that day, to be used with "Express Check Out". This allows you to go through the whole check out process by only scanning bar codes.