Transferring from another program

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Roy MacLean

Transferring from another program

Post by Roy MacLean »

I've setup the PC+ program with all the accounts that I need. Can someone give me a general "track" to follow to transfer amounts from an outside program ("QuickBooks 2006") to PC+? I know I need a trial balance from QB and an accurate balance from the bank with both of those based on a certain cut-off date. What else is needed and what would be the process?
Cordially,

Roy MacLean, Treasurer
First Baptist Church of Pocasset
Pocasset, MA 02559

NeilZ

Re: Transferring from another program

Post by NeilZ »

Roy MacLean wrote:I've setup the PC+ program with all the accounts that I need. Can someone give me a general "track" to follow to transfer amounts from an outside program ("QuickBooks 2006") to PC+? I know I need a trial balance from QB and an accurate balance from the bank with both of those based on a certain cut-off date. What else is needed and what would be the process?
What I would do is have both programs open, then do the Accounting Setup in Powerchurch. It will ask you for checking balance, along with all accounts (income, liabilities, expenses) along with outstanding checks, etc. You can then get that data from Quickbooks, and enter it into Powerchurch.

I trust you're using Version 11 of Powerchurch. The setup wizard in v11 is very comprehensive, as is the one in version 10.4.

Also, you don't have to do everything at one time in Powerchurch, you can take a break and come back to it. In this way if you have a question, you can post it here, get an answer, then return to where you left off.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.