fathersheart wrote:not having an easy access delete button should be fixed in my opinion..ive done the contribution side of accounting for church for years and i know there are many times when entries need to be changed or deleted after being submitted an posted..like when a check bounces?? i use to use memebership plus which is wonderful but pricey so giving powerchruch a try..
OK .. version 9 is about 4 versions behind now, and is no longer being updated. Version 11.5 now has an easy way to 'reverse' contributions, which is basically what you want to do here.
In version 9 you have to manually REVERSE the contribution.
1. Find the contribution you want to reverse. Jot down the envelope number, amount, date and Contribution Fund .
2. Open the "Enter Contributions" module from the Contributions menu.
3. Enter the date from the original contribution, envelope number, fund number and the amount originally contributed, but as a NEGATIVE number (IE: -99.00).
4 Post this contribution. If Funds Accounting has already been corrected manually by someone creating a transaction there, then just post to Contributions Only
, otherwise post to Funds Accounting.
This will do a few things:
1. Effectively delete the original, incorrect contribution from the system. It won't show up on any contribution statements, or reports.
2. If posted to Funds Accounting, it will create the proper transactions to remove the money from the income and checking accounts.
Hope this helps.