Hi everyone, quick question for those working with Fund Accounting. The youth group leader, Martin (a friend of mine), bought a steel tongue drum for the music activities at our summer day camp, and now I have a $180 invoice to categorize correctly in Accounts Payable. My first thought was to put it straight into the general equipment account, like we do with tables or chairs, but that doesn't really seem right since this was more of a one-off purchase. I'm wondering if it would make more sense to create a separate sub-account for youth camp expenses, or just use a temporary project code for the summer and close it afterwards. Personally, I'd rather not mix it in with the rest of our equipment inventory, otherwise by the end of the fiscal year it's hard to keep track of where everything came from. Has anyone dealt with something similar, like equipment bought for a one-time activity or seasonal program? Curious how you handled it.
Thanks in advance.
How would you categorize a steel tongue drum purchase for a youth camp?
Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support