Install PowerChurch on new computer

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sjmiller

Install PowerChurch on new computer

Post by sjmiller »

We just purchased a new computer and we need to transfer Power Church to the new computer. I thought I could just copy it on a USB stick and paste it into the new computer but was told that it would need to be reinstalled. Can you walk me through this process? Will I lose my all my maintenance updates?

Sheila Miller
Grace Baptist Church, Pelzer, SC
PowerChurch Plus Version 11.55

NeilZ

Re: Install PowerChurch on new computer

Post by NeilZ »

sjmiller wrote:We just purchased a new computer and we need to transfer Power Church to the new computer. I thought I could just copy it on a USB stick and paste it into the new computer but was told that it would need to be reinstalled. Can you walk me through this process? Will I lose my all my maintenance updates?

Sheila Miller
PowerChurch Plus Version 11.55
Here's the Knowledgebase article that covers moving to a new computer, before you start anything, I'd do a full backup of the database using the Powerchurch backup utility.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/425 ... to-another

Note in the 1st method it refers to a directory: C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS9\, you're going to copy the entire directory from C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS115 then follow the directions.

I prefer method 2, as it eliminates any issues with the version of the Operating System you're moving to. If you're moving from Windows 7 or 8 to Window 10, its not that much of an issue. However, if you're moving from WIndows XP to Windows 10, I would install from the CD following the instructions in method 2.

As far as the maintenance releases, all you need to do is install the latest MR, as they are cumulative, and all previous fixes or changes are included in the latest.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sjmiller

Post by sjmiller »

Thank you. That was very helpful and it worked beautifully!

Sheila Miller
PowerChurch Plus 11.55
Windows 10

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sjmiller wrote:Thank you. That was very helpful and it worked beautifully!

Sheila Miller
PowerChurch Plus 11.55
Windows 10
Good to hear.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.