PowerChurch Recommendations

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bridgetrochon

PowerChurch Recommendations

Post by bridgetrochon »

For the past few months, I have been making recommendations to PowerChurch on improvements in reports and online screens.

Is there any way for me to find out if any of these suggestions have been evaluated and coming up in a future release? Will I be notified or is there a way for me to track my suggestions?

THANKS! Bridget

NeilZ

Re: PowerChurch Recommendations

Post by NeilZ »

bridgetrochon wrote:For the past few months, I have been making recommendations to PowerChurch on improvements in reports and online screens.

Is there any way for me to find out if any of these suggestions have been evaluated and coming up in a future release? Will I be notified or is there a way for me to track my suggestions?

THANKS! Bridget
Frankly, no.

Anything that is sent to the "wishlist@powerchurch.com" email address is reviewed, and is then evaluated to see if the suggestion will help the majority of Powerchurch users.

While I have seen many people's suggestions be implemented in MRs over the years, some cannot be done as it would require a major overhaul of a module or section of the program. That said, it may show up in a new version release.

However, Powerchurch does not provide any way to track such suggestions, nor will they comment on any future releases or features unless they are close to finalizing a release.

I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised when I see a suggestion I made, show up as part of a MR.

They do listen, but because of the small size of the development staff (less than 10?) they must devote time to those suggestions that can easily be accomplished within the framework of the existing release, and put those that involve major rework off until such time as a new version release is being designed.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bridgetrochon

Re: PowerChurch Recommendations

Post by bridgetrochon »

Thanks Neil for your answer. I will keep an eye or two out :shock: on the future releases. Hopefully, I will see my changes sometime in the future.

Thanks, Bridget