Back charging ??? maybe??

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Back charging ??? maybe??

Post by whfpc »

Hi! I am NEW to this position AND to PowerChurch :) . My predecessor resigned in May and I was hired in August so we have some time in between, not to mention this is my first rodeo in church accounting......

Now, the question is... we have a few new hires that were added and paid without having the proper deductions taken out. Including our Youth Director and now myself, we have been paid our salaries without taxes (and yes we should haven them taken out, we are employee's not self employed), medicare, or medical expenses, etc. deducted. I have figured out how to include these deductions on future payrolls but how do I make up and correct the past?

Robin

NeilZ

Re: Back charging ??? maybe??

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:Hi! I am NEW to this position AND to PowerChurch :) . My predecessor resigned in May and I was hired in August so we have some time in between, not to mention this is my first rodeo in church accounting......

Now, the question is... we have a few new hires that were added and paid without having the proper deductions taken out. Including our Youth Director and now myself, we have been paid our salaries without taxes (and yes we should haven them taken out, we are employee's not self employed), medicare, or medical expenses, etc. deducted. I have figured out how to include these deductions on future payrolls but how do I make up and correct the past?

Robin
1. Figure out what the taxes would be for Federal, State & Local taxes for each employee
2. I'm not sure what medical expenses you have, is that a deduction for health insurance? If so, you need to figure that out too.
3. Then you're going to have to deduct extra from your paychecks over a few paydates, or each employee is going to have to write a check to the church to take care of those unpaid taxes and medical deductions.

In any case you're going to have to make adjustments to your Federal, State and Local Tax Deposits. You may need to create a supplemental tax return, etc.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.