Conversion to 12-Reports problem

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

championcpa

Conversion to 12-Reports problem

Post by championcpa »

I successfully installed Vs 12 on one computer from the download and a second computer from the disk. The data was also converted - it seems. I see the most recent posted transactions however I cannot create any reports, i.e., account activity, income and expense, etc. I get messages such as Error:1940 Method:run_reportLine80Message:Expression is not valid outside of WITH/ENDWITH and Error:1925Method:run_reportLine:100Message:Unknown member OVIEWER.
What is or isn't happening? How to fix it?
Thanks! We need a fix really, really soon!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Conversion to 12-Reports problem

Post by Zorak »

Make sure that you have the latest Maintenance Release installed by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release.

Once that is done, go to Help > About PowerChurch Plus. Right click on the System Information tab and choose "Open explorer to program directory" or if available "Open explorer to server directory". In the explorer window, find and open the Install folder. Inside is a program called PC12FixCR.exe. Right click on that and choose Run as administrator.

This will remove the existing Crystal Reports installation and reinstall it using proper elevated permissions.

If you need a hand with this, give us a call in technical support at (800) 486-1800.

championcpa

Post by championcpa »

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the latest release according to the screen (The latest verson is already installed). However, when I follow the next steps, in the Install folder, there is no PC12FixCR.exe program.
I tried to insert the list:
dotnetfx35setup.exe
dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe
netsetup12.exe
pc12calendar.exe
pc12cr13.exe
pc12cr85.exe
pc12dvd.exe
pc12email.exe
pc12imapi.exe
pc12oledb.exe
pc12usps.exe
pc12xml.exe
pcchkrd.exe
pcdict.zip
pcdict.zip
versions.cmd

I did call but you all were too busy. I am also reluctant to use up free support time with what I deem to be a program problem that should not require that level of support. I do hope you are able to resolve this via this forum.

Thanks, Margaret

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

championcpa wrote: I did call but you all were too busy. I am also reluctant to use up free support time with what I deem to be a program problem that should not require that level of support. I do hope you are able to resolve this via this forum.

Thanks, Margaret
I'm fairly sure that since this is an install issue, that you won't be using your free support time if you call. Call again, and let them know that Zorak on the forum told you to call if you needed assistance.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I apologize about that!

I just realized that the PC12FixCR program has only been added in a testing build. The next Maintenance Release will add that file.

Give us a call as previously suggested and a technician will help you get it sorted out.

championcpa

Post by championcpa »

Thanks for the reply. I had a successful conversation with a technician earlier today who rummaged around my computer and found some spare parts to fix vs. 12. It works now and we will be in touch Thursday late afternoon to go through this exercise on the computer installation at the church. It's been, um, interesting!

Margaret

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

championcpa wrote:Thanks for the reply. I had a successful conversation with a technician earlier today who rummaged around my computer and found some spare parts to fix vs. 12. It works now and we will be in touch Thursday late afternoon to go through this exercise on the computer installation at the church. It's been, um, interesting!

Margaret
If you install the latest MR dated 02/21/2018, it installs the PCFixCR.exe program. So if you're seeing the same issue at the church, just run that program.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

championcpa

Post by championcpa »

Thanks so much! I have a pre-arranged call with tech support at 5pm today at the church but will call and cancel. It seems the treasurer must have installed the release as he was able to successfully produce reports. Thanks again! Margaret

wbaziuk

Post by wbaziuk »

I am also having this problem. Receiving the message: Program Error; Unknown member OVIEWER.
I have the maintenance release installed and have run the PC12FIXCR program, but I am still having the problem. I have also reinstalled version 12 and the maintenance release twice and am still getting the error. Is there something I'm missing?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wbaziuk wrote:I am also having this problem. Receiving the message: Program Error; Unknown member OVIEWER.
I have the maintenance release installed and have run the PC12FIXCR program, but I am still having the problem. I have also reinstalled version 12 and the maintenance release twice and am still getting the error. Is there something I'm missing?
I'm going to assume that you're running the program on the 'main' computer, not one of the clients, right?

If so, and after doing the uninstall/reinstall then running the PC12FixCR program you still get the error. I'd call Powerchurch on Tuesday.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wbaziuk

Post by wbaziuk »

NeilZ wrote:
wbaziuk wrote:I am also having this problem. Receiving the message: Program Error; Unknown member OVIEWER.
I'm going to assume that you're running the program on the 'main' computer, not one of the clients, right?

If so, and after doing the uninstall/reinstall then running the PC12FixCR program you still get the error. I'd call Powerchurch on Tuesday.
Correct, I have only installed it on a single PC. I'm not running in a networked environment.
I have not tried an uninstall. I've just run the install program over again and reinstalled the maintenance release. I still get the error. Also, I have uninstalled the previous, v11.5, version.

There are 4 Apps showing up:
Power Church Crystal Reports Files version 13
Power Church Fonts
Power Church Plus 12
Power Church Runtime Files

Do all 4 need to be uninstalled. Will that affect the data files?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wbaziuk wrote:Correct, I have only installed it on a single PC. I'm not running in a networked environment.
I have not tried an uninstall. I've just run the install program over again and reinstalled the maintenance release. I still get the error. Also, I have uninstalled the previous, v11.5, version.

Power Church Fonts
Power Church Plus 12

First do a backup ... that is always a good idea, and in this case its mandatory, jot down the Registration Number (found at HELP>About) you may need that later. The uninstall 'should not' affect the data files, but why tempt fate. Then head to the powerchurch.com site, click on the download menu item, and select maintenance release. Download the latest release from the site. There's a reason for this later.

Then uninstall all four items starting with PC Plus 12, then the Runtime Files, then fonts, then Reports. That said, I'm going to assume that uninstalling the main program 'should' do the rest, but be ready to do that just in case.

Once you're uninstalled the programs, reboot the computer, then install PC Plus 12. When the installation finishes, find the downloaded MR, and click on that program to start it. Let it install the updates.

Then fire up the program. It >should< find the existing data files immediately and start up with the normal 'splash' screen showing your church information.

If not, it will ask you if you're upgrading from a previous version, and I believe it will ask if you have a backup you want to use. Say NO .. and go with a full install. It will ask you to enter the church data, you can fake most of it by entering 4 or 5 characters, but you have to enter a registration number. The program will then create the database files, and I believe shut down. Restart the program, then restore the backup you made when you started this journey. The backup will be restored, the tables reindexed, and the program will again close.

Restart the program, then see if you still have the error. If so, then you've no choice, call the Powerchurch techs on Tuesday.

Let me know how it goes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wbaziuk

Post by wbaziuk »

NeilZ wrote:
wbaziuk wrote:Correct, I have only installed it on a single PC. I'm not running in a networked environment.

Power Church Fonts
Power Church Plus 12

First do a backup ... that is always a good idea, and in this case its mandatory, jot down the Registration Number (found at HELP>About) you may need that later. The uninstall 'should not' affect the data files, but why tempt fate. Then head to the powerchurch.com site, click on the download menu item, and select maintenance release. Download the latest release from the site. There's a reason for this later.

Then uninstall all four items starting with PC Plus 12, then the Runtime Files, then fonts, then Reports. That said, I'm going to assume that uninstalling the main program 'should' do the rest, but be ready to do that just in case.

Once you're uninstalled the programs, reboot the computer, then install PC Plus 12. When the installation finishes, find the downloaded MR, and click on that program to start it. Let it install the updates.

Then fire up the program. It >should< find the existing data files immediately and start up with the normal 'splash' screen showing your church information.

If not, it will ask you if you're upgrading from a previous version, and I believe it will ask if you have a backup you want to use. Say NO .. and go with a full install. It will ask you to enter the church data, you can fake most of it by entering 4 or 5 characters, but you have to enter a registration number. The program will then create the database files, and I believe shut down. Restart the program, then restore the backup you made when you started this journey. The backup will be restored, the tables reindexed, and the program will again close.

Restart the program, then see if you still have the error. If so, then you've no choice, call the Powerchurch techs on Tuesday.

Let me know how it goes.
Thanks for all the help, but the problem persists. Guess I call tech support after the holiday and see what they say. For now, I can still print reports by sending them directly to the printer, so I'm still able to get the bills paid. Thanks again.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Wait .. I'm confused.

You said you're having the same issue as the person that started the thread, but then you just said you can still print reports. The initial issue was that the person could not create a report.

While the error message may be the same, it may not be the same problem. What were you trying to do other than print?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wbaziuk

Post by wbaziuk »

Sorry for the confusion. I cannot view the reports on the monitor. If I choose the option to print the report and bypass the "screen preview" option, then I can get the report.