Importing Database from Church Partner

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

EHCUCP

Importing Database from Church Partner

Post by EHCUCP »

Hello, our church was using church partner v5.1.2 and we just upgraded to v12.

Is there anyway to import the old database? "no backup files were found in the specified location" is the error I get when I try to restore from the backup file I created with church partner.

Thank you in advance for your time.

NeilZ

Re: Importing Database from old version

Post by NeilZ »

EHCUCP wrote:Hello, our church was using church partner v5.1.2 and we just upgraded to v12.

Is there anyway to import the old database? "no backup files were found in the specified location" is the error I get when I try to restore from the backup file I created with church partner.

Thank you in advance for your time.
The data files are REALLY not compatible. Two completely separate programs, two completely separate set of data tables. You'll have to either manually enter the date from the old program into Powerchurch, or Powerchurch does have a service that will convert your files for you but it is a separate service:

https://www.powerchurch.com/products/conversion/?id=710

However, at one time Powerchurch did offer a free conversion service for users of the old Church Partner program. You should call the Powerchurch office in the morning to see if that is still available.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Importing Database from Church Partner

Post by Zorak »

We still have the free conversion from Church Partner. Use the form online at https://www.powerchurch.com/data to send us your Church Partner backup. We will send you a backup of the converted information.