Disable Passwords

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Disable Passwords

Postby dcbsr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:21 am

Many years ago I enabled a system user password. Now, the software is located such that I no longer need to have a password. I have read the help file but must be missing something. Any ideas?
dcbsr

Re: Disable Passwords

Postby Zorak » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 am

Log in as System Admin, then go to File > Preferences > Passwords & Permissions. Click the Disable Password Protection option. It will ask you to enter the password again to confirm.
Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby dcbsr » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:15 am

Zorak wrote:Log in as System Admin, then go to File > Preferences > Passwords & Permissions. Click the Disable Password Protection option. It will ask you to enter the password again to confirm.

I thought my userid was System Admin, it was not. I logged in as System Admin and fixed the problem. Thanks
dcbsr

Postby NeilZ » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:46 am

dcbsr wrote:
Zorak wrote:Log in as System Admin, then go to File > Preferences > Passwords & Permissions. Click the Disable Password Protection option. It will ask you to enter the password again to confirm.

I thought my userid was System Admin, it was not. I logged in as System Admin and fixed the problem. Thanks

That can confuse some people. System Admin is a totally separate account ID. You can delegate some of those permissions, but not all of them.

Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.
NeilZ