When is Power Church going to upgrade??

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pastorsarahr

When is Power Church going to upgrade??

Post by pastorsarahr »

So I am stuck with power church because my staff like it, its all they know.
But this program is such a throwback to the 2000's, so many other programs like Breeze are so much more intuitive, modern and easier to use.
I hate power church but I don't want to hate it - I want it to get better.
Is there a plan for a major upgrade coming? Is there a plan for an ap you can use on your phone so I can find someone's address while Im out driving around? If there are plans on the horizon I'll stick with it, otherwise I'm gonna push my people to look harder at Breeze

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Re: When is Power Church going to upgrade??

Post by Jeff »

PowerChurch has been around since 1984 and has been used by tens of thousands of churches over the years. It was originally a DOS program and made the transition from DOS to Windows in the middle 90s. This was a big change, however the move from a desktop application to a web service is much bigger.

Looking up a person’s address from your phone is a feature that already exists in PowerChurch Online. Simply go to https://m.mypowerchurch.com and enter the same login credentials you use to access PowerChurch Online. This is not an app you have to install on your phone. It is a mobile optimized website designed to do exactly what you are looking for. You can look up someone's address or phone number, update contact info, and make notes about your visit all from your phone. You can also record attendance for a small group from the m.mypowerchurch.com interface as well.

PowerChurch Online uses a small application to allow you to access PowerChurch. This small application gives you access to the same version of PowerChurch that you could install on your own local computer. As such it looks like a traditional Windows desktop program, however it is running on our servers. We know some people are looking for a web based solution for church management like Breeze and other competing software products. We have been working on such a product and it is now in limited availability. It is called Empower ChMS and the website for this new product can be found at https://empowerchms.com.

The functions of Empower include the Membership, Contributions, Events, and Check In areas of PowerChurch. While it does not currently have the accounting features of PowerChurch (Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll), we do have a way in which Empower can create the deposit transactions for the Fund Accounting module just like posting contributions inside of PowerChurch. This allows your staff responsible for membership and contributions to begin using Empower, while your accounting staff can continue to use the accounting features of PowerChurch that they already know.

I mentioned that Empower is in limited availability right now and we have not begun actively marketing this yet to current PowerChurch customers. If you would like to learn more or see a demo of Empower post a reply here and I will contact you with more information.

BerkeleyFellowship

Post by BerkeleyFellowship »

I actually love power church, but my church wants members to be able to view their own contributions directly, and manage their own Directory entries. I'm looking at Breeze, but they seem to lack good controls and alerts on entering contributions, and they don't prevent or alert if you double-book a space. I just went to the website for empowerchms and signed up for a demo but got no email (at least yet.) I really hope this is continuing to be developed!

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

I see your sign up for Empower ChMS and we will be in touch tomorrow with more information.

BerkeleyFellowship

Post by BerkeleyFellowship »

yay! Thank You! I don't work tomorrow, but will look forward to checking this out on Thursday.

jwsmith

Post by jwsmith »

What is the timeline for accounting to upgrade?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jwsmith wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:35 pm
What is the timeline for accounting to upgrade?
Exactly what are you requesting? What needs to 'upgrade' in reference to accounting?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jwsmith

Post by jwsmith »

To move all of the accounting into empowerchms to have one total unified solution. Or is the plan to keep the two programs separate? Just trying to decide if I want to wait out the change to a more unified "windows feel" program or to go ahead and jump ship to one that is available. Powerchurch is good for me doing the accounting but not very "church family" friendly to allow for church members to manage their own data. Also looking for app type messaging along with emails and texting. The program just seems to be lagging current technology. I don't want to leave but "church" usability is important.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

We are working on including accounting features with Empower, but it is still going to be awhile before we have something available for people to use.

We do have a way that Empower will work with PowerChurch Online accounting to post the contribution deposit transactions just like contributions module does in PowerChurch. This way your membership staff can benefit from the the new features in Empower while the accounting staff can continue to use the PowerChurch they are already familiar with for the accounting functions. When the accounting functions are ready in Empower, we will have an easy way to transition from PowerChurch accounting to Empower.

We would love to give you a demo to show you exactly how the integration works between Empower and the PowerChurch. I think you will find it works very similar to how it works in PowerChurch.