Removing Old PowerChurch Version after V14 Upgrade

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

UMCSOFinSec

Removing Old PowerChurch Version after V14 Upgrade

Post by UMCSOFinSec »

We've recently installed v.14 of PowerChurchPlus, and after a decent period I'd like to remove v.11.5. Do I have to be careful of anything during the removal or will the standard Windows 11 uninstall take care of things?

NeilZ

Re: Removing Old PowerChurch Version after V14 Upgrade

Post by NeilZ »

UMCSOFinSec wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:17 pm
We've recently installed v.14 of PowerChurchPlus, and after a decent period I'd like to remove v.11.5. Do I have to be careful of anything during the removal or will the standard Windows 11 uninstall take care of things?
As long as you select the correct version of Powerchurch in the 'Windows Programs and Features" module which you find under the Windows Control Panel (not the SETTINGS), you'll be fine.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

I keep PC 11.5 program installed (with a separate backup) in case I need to restore from the last backup done on ver 11.5 before upgrading to PC ver 14 because I did not think that you could restore a 11.5 backup to PC ver 14.

Thank you.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

You won't be able to just restore an 11.5 backup into 14 after the fact, but it does allow you to upgrade directly from a backup.

Below is a link to a video we published showing how to get rid of the converted data and get back to the original upgrade prompt, should you need it:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/383 ... or-version