Recording a Misprinted Payroll Check

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sheying

Recording a Misprinted Payroll Check

Post by sheying »

I was wondering if there is a way to record a misprinted payroll check in PowerChurch for record keeping purposes, to denote the skipped check number? While I was in the payroll module and getting ready to print payroll checks, I was interrupted and had to print a document, which I caused to accidentally print on the actual check paper. So, it doesn't seem to have messed up the payroll process in any way; but I have this ruined paper check on my hands and I don't know if I need to enter it to denote a skipped check number/voided check or how to even do that. Any ideas/suggestions?

Zaina
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Recording a Misprinted Payroll Check

Post by Zaina »

If you go to Fund Accounting -> Enter transactions, you can put in whatever posting date and month you would like. Under the reference put in the check number and void (i.e. 5136-VOID, no spaces). Tab a couple of times and it will fill in the bank account with a line description of VOID. Then you can save it. This will show the check in the system for continuity.

sheying

Re: Recording a Misprinted Payroll Check

Post by sheying »

Thank you! I really appreciate the instructions!