printing 941 on Windows 8 computer

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Sandy

printing 941 on Windows 8 computer

Post by Sandy »

I am having a problem printing the 941 report on a windows 8 computer. I know that we have an adobe reader program on the computer but it won't print the report. Just give me the data and says no reader is available. Is anyone else having this problem? Help!!!
Sandy Daniel
Always learning and always grateful!

NeilZ

Re: printing 941 on Windows 8 computer

Post by NeilZ »

Sandy wrote:I am having a problem printing the 941 report on a windows 8 computer. I know that we have an adobe reader program on the computer but it won't print the report. Just give me the data and says no reader is available. Is anyone else having this problem? Help!!!
Do you have the latest version of Adobe, they list v11.0.4 on their site. Also, what are you using for a printer? Do you have a Win8 printer driver ?? A Windows 7 driver should also work.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: printing 941 on Windows 8 computer

Post by Tracy »

We have seen behavior like this from some clients.
In the latest version of PowerChurch 11.5, the initial page of the 941 assistant will warn you of reasons why a PDF will not be created. If their are no reasons, and you get messages after processing the 941, then the reader is not configured right in the Windows Registry. We've seen this specific to Adobe.
  • Open any PDF, or the Adobe PDF reader.
    Select the "Edit" menu and the "Preferences" option.
    Select the "Genereal" category on the left.
    At the bottom of the new information on the right you will see an button labeled "Select Default PDF Handler", click it.
    On the window that opens, click the "Apply" button.
    Try to create the 941 PDF again.
Tracy