Google Calendar Sync not working

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

HMBCUMC

Google Calendar Sync not working

Post by HMBCUMC »

I noticed that my auto sync wasn't updating the Google calendar online. When I try to manually update it won't do it. I got a message "To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NETFramework: .NETFramework,Version=4.0.
I downloaded and installed the new version but I still can't do a sync.
It gets stuck at "Connecting to Google Calendar service" and doesn't go to the next step of "Checking calendar settings". Anyone know how to correct this?
Bye,
Dorothy

NeilZ

Re: Google Calendar Sync not working

Post by NeilZ »

dorothy@cumc-hmb.com wrote:I noticed that my auto sync wasn't updating the Google calendar online. When I try to manually update it won't do it. I got a message "To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NETFramework: .NETFramework,Version=4.0.
It gets stuck at "Connecting to Google Calendar service" and doesn't go to the next step of "Checking calendar settings". Anyone know how to correct this?
Bye,
Dorothy
A few questions:

1. What version of Powerchurch are you on?

2. Are you on the most current Maintenance Release ? v11.5 is dated 10/1/2014, while v11.1 is dated 10/08/2014

There was a major rework of Google sync in this release due to Google changing its interfaces. Here's a knowledgebase article about this with instructions on setup if you need them.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

HMBCUMC

Post by HMBCUMC »

Hi,
I am running 11.1. When I go to HELP, DOWNLOAD MAINTENANCE RELEASE, it tells me I am running the most current update.
NeilZ wrote:
dorothy@cumc-hmb.com wrote:I noticed that my auto sync wasn't updating the Google calendar online. When I try to manually update it won't do it. I got a message "To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NETFramework: .NETFramework,Version=4.0.
Bye,
Dorothy
A few questions:

1. What version of Powerchurch are you on?

2. Are you on the most current Maintenance Release ? v11.5 is dated 10/1/2014, while v11.1 is dated 10/08/2014

There was a major rework of Google sync in this release due to Google changing its interfaces. Here's a knowledgebase article about this with instructions on setup if you need them.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dorothy@cumc-hmb.com wrote:Hi,
I am running 11.1. When I go to HELP, DOWNLOAD MAINTENANCE RELEASE, it tells me I am running the most current update.
OK ... in that case, do you remember setting up the Google authorization for sync? I thought I had attached the instructions on how to do that, I'll try again:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/437 ... endar-sync

I would verify that Google does have this setup properly for you. One thing you need to make sure, when you open your browser to head to Google, if it shows you as being logged on to Google, log off then log on using the account you have your calender setup for.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

HMBCUMC

Post by HMBCUMC »

Yes, I have done the Google authorization. The sync only gets to the first check mark.
NeilZ wrote:
dorothy@cumc-hmb.com wrote:Hi,
OK ... in that case, do you remember setting up the Google authorization for sync? I thought I had attached the instructions on how to do that, I'll try again:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/437 ... endar-sync

I would verify that Google does have this setup properly for you. One thing you need to make sure, when you open your browser to head to Google, if it shows you as being logged on to Google, log off then log on using the account you have your calender setup for.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

What version of Windows is this computer running?

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

We are having issues syncing our calendar too. I was not here last Thurs and Friday and my coworker couldn't get it to sync. I just tried and it is not working. I have not changed anything. We even tried it from different computers.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:We are having issues syncing our calendar too. I was not here last Thurs and Friday and my coworker couldn't get it to sync. I just tried and it is not working. I have not changed anything. We even tried it from different computers.
OK .. same questions:

1. What version of Windows?
2. What version of Powerchurch?
3. Are you on the latest Maintenance Release?

Additional questions:

Has anyone changed the password for that account lately? May not mean anything, but any minor change could cause a problem elsewhere.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

No one has changed the password.

We have the web version for PCP.

I had this problem last month but it was eventually fixed. I believe it had something to do with Google updates and PCP.

I do not see any new maintenance releases to do. When I click on "about PowerChurch Plus" it says:

Program Date: 10/1/2014
Operating system: Windows 6.01

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:No one has changed the password.

We have the web version for PCP.

I had this problem last month but it was eventually fixed. I believe it had something to do with Google updates and PCP.

I do not see any new maintenance releases to do. When I click on "about PowerChurch Plus" it says:

Program Date: 10/1/2014
Operating system: Windows 6.01
AHA ... you have Powerchurch Online ... that may be the issue, while I believe the setup is the same, there may be something that needs to be done on the server side. In your case, I would call the Powerchurch Support Phone LIne, you have unlimited technical support with that, that's part of the service.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

Okay, I will try that. Is there a way to know this ahead of time in the future? We only discovered it by chance.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:Okay, I will try that. Is there a way to know this ahead of time in the future? We only discovered it by chance.
You mean an issue like this?? Not really. Every Maintenance Release is tested, but if there's local environment issues, you really can't test for that. I suspect that the cause will be very easy to find for the techs.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

HMBCUMC

Post by HMBCUMC »

I think I found the problem. My computer is running Windows XP. I can do an update from other computers in the office with newer software, just not my computer.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dorothy@cumc-hmb.com wrote:I think I found the problem. My computer is running Windows XP. I can do an update from other computers in the office with newer software, just not my computer.
I'm not sure that's a factor here, there are a few V11.x users still running Windows XP and syncing without an issue. However, that raises another issue. I'm going to assume that you're running PCPlus over the network.

Which machine is acting as the Powerchurch server on the network?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.