Contribution Funds Point to which accounts?

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

silvertown

Contribution Funds Point to which accounts?

Post by silvertown »

Where can I go to see to which accounts my contribution funds are pointed? I plan to change a few to different contribution fund numbers. (Our old system never used fund accounting and now it makes more sense to have the numbers the same across the board.) I know there is a way to check (and edit, where necessary), but I can't remember how to get there. Can you help me?

Thanks,

kim

NeilZ

Re: Contribution Funds Point to which accounts?

Post by NeilZ »

silvertown wrote:Where can I go to see to which accounts my contribution funds are pointed? I plan to change a few to different contribution fund numbers. (Our old system never used fund accounting and now it makes more sense to have the numbers the same across the board.) I know there is a way to check (and edit, where necessary), but I can't remember how to get there. Can you help me?

Thanks,

kim
Under the Contributions Menu -> Setup -> Maintain List of Contribution Funds

You can also print a report from Contributions which will show all the Debit & Credit accounts for each fund. Use the Fund Description Report.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

silvertown

Post by silvertown »

Thank you!

silvertown

Post by silvertown »

I have a new problem. :wall:

I added a new contribution fund that is temporarily restricted, and I must have missed something somewhere. I am trying to write a check accessing that account and when I click the "release restricted funds" tab, that fund is not on the list. I have looked at the other account set ups and compared those to the new one, but I can't find what I missed. (PC11.55)

Help!?

kim

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

silvertown wrote:I have a new problem. :wall:

I added a new contribution fund that is temporarily restricted, and I must have missed something somewhere. I am trying to write a check accessing that account and when I click the "release restricted funds" tab, that fund is not on the list. I have looked at the other account set ups and compared those to the new one, but I can't find what I missed. (PC11.55)

Help!?

kim
You're confusing the term Contribution Fund, with Fund Accounting Fund. They are not the same.

Basically, you do not create any type of 'restricted account' in Contributions. A Contribution Fund points to an INCOME account in Funds Accounting.

I'm assuming the Contribution Fund you created is pointing to a current INCOME account in Funds Accounting.

What you need to do is go into the menu Accounting -> Fund Accounting -> SETUP -> Maintain List of Donor Restrictions . You're going to create a new donor restricted fund, by "donor restricted fund" the system will also include any restriction setup by the church board/trustees/finance committee/etc.

Click on the Add button, and the system will walk you through the setup. I'd also refer to either the PCPlus manual, or the build-in help to guide you along.

Once this is setup you then need to enter the Contributions menu, and the Maintain List of Contribution Funds function. Change the income account listed on that Contribution Fund you created to the restricted income account you created when you setup the restricted fund.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

silvertown

Post by silvertown »

Thank you!