Vanco and Powerchurch --Are you using both

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jkennedy

Vanco and Powerchurch --Are you using both

Post by jkennedy »

Our Church utilizes PowerChurch for Contributions and now we are adding Vanco for Electronic Giving and I am looking for other churches that utilize both systems. Would like to contact you for help and questions as we move through the process and to network in the future.

KBoyd

Re: Vanco and Powerchurch --Are you using both

Post by KBoyd »

Greetings

We use VANCO and have been since the first of the year. We haven't had any issues. Each week they send a .csv file with the necessary info to upload to your contributions module. That part is pretty straightforward. The only thing we have to do is modify any new contributor's data with their member number as VANCO assigns their own number - other than that it's pretty easy. The member receives credit for the full amount contributed and fees are charged to an administrative expense account specifically for the VANCO fees.

I've opted to receive all communication from them via email (and there's a lot of them). I'm learning now that you really only need to keep the weekly update file, the .csv file and the monthly summary. The other reports received are basically individual transaction records in a .PDF format and many are duplicated in the weekly and monthly reports anyway.

I've learned to reconcile the transaction fees assessed each week and verify net deposits with our bank (via an online account history look-up).

If you have any questions you may contact me here - I'll check back from time to time.

Keith Boyd, Treasurer
North Raleigh Presbyterian Church

jkennedy

Post by jkennedy »

Thanks Keith

This information is very helpful as I tackle the initial phases of merging PowerChurch and Vanco data. It is sometimes these little things that make a process difficult. Please share other information as you discover ways to make these two system work in a more efficient manner.

Jerry Kennedy
Financial Secretary

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Please note that new updates have been released for V11.5 & 11.55, part of which covers a change to the Vanco processiong.

Please make sure you update your version of Powerchurch to the latest release.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jkennedy

Post by jkennedy »

Thank Neil

We are on-line with PowerChurch--a Blessing--No worries --updates are automatic--Please give brief synopsis of changes-Thanks in advance

Jerry

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jkennedy wrote:Thank Neil

We are on-line with PowerChurch--a Blessing--No worries --updates are automatic--Please give brief synopsis of changes-Thanks in advance

Jerry
Its always wise to check the Maintenance Releases forum even though you're on Powerchurch Online, those changes affect you as well.

As far as Vanco, here's what it says on that:
Vanco Payment Solutions contributions import has been completely redesigned. Press the F1 key to review Help documentation or click the ? icons on the new Import Contributions screen for more information.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The first two articles in this Knowledge Base search are regarding this new functionality as well. A feature is coming in the next newsletter about it, too.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb. ... erms=vanco

jkennedy

Post by jkennedy »

Thanks--this information is extremely helpful and served to remind me to utilized Knowledge Based research in the future when I have issues.