Windows 10 and font size

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Calvary United Methodist Church

Windows 10 and font size

Post by Calvary United Methodist Church »

I'm using version 11.1 of Power church and recently updated to Windows 10. The only problem I've encountered so far is a change in font size and clarity. It's now larger and not as clear as it previously was. Is there a setting I can change?

Using Power Church Plus since 1991
Linda
Treasurer, Calvary UMC, Uniontown, Pa

NeilZ

Re: Windows 10 and font size

Post by NeilZ »

Calvary United Methodist Church wrote:I'm using version 11.1 of Power church and recently updated to Windows 10. The only problem I've encountered so far is a change in font size and clarity. It's now larger and not as clear as it previously was. Is there a setting I can change?

Using Power Church Plus since 1991
Linda
Treasurer, Calvary UMC, Uniontown, Pa
I would first check to see if there is a Windows 10 video driver for your video card. That may correct this as the older driver may not have the correct resolution selected. If that doesn't fix it, font size is also handled by Windows. I don't believe that Microsoft has changed the location of the setting for this, so I would right click on the desktop, pull up personalization, then look for a link to DISPLAY. There should be settings there to adjust font size.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Thanks,
I'll check about the video driver, but the only place I seem to encounter the change in font size and clarity is on Power Church menus and data entry pages. Word, Excel, internet, Facebook are all just like they had been. If I can't find a 'fix' I'll just have to get use to it (or get new glasses). Thanks

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I am running Version 11.55 on Windows 10 here at home on two machines and have seen no issue with the fonts at all. One was updated form 8.1 which was really a new machine and the other was updated from Windows 7.
Tom

I also updated from 8.1 on a laptop that is just 8 months old. As I said previously, I seem to have the problem only with Power Church Plus, everything else is sharp and clear. Puzzled. I also dated a second machine from Windows 7 to 10, running Version 11.1, and it's fine.