Send to Disk File Question

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tknollsy

Send to Disk File Question

Post by tknollsy »

We recently moved to a different user file server. When we try to Send to Disk File (Attendance Report) and export for Word for Windows, the file name defaults to a location on the old server. If I click change and set the new file name to the correct server location the file saves correctly. The next time I try to do the same report, it reverts back to the old server location. Is there a Default or Preference setting that I am missing.

Example below

Old location \\AAAServer\Users\knollsy\MyDocuments\PCreport.doc

New Location \\AAAServer4949\Users\knollsy\MyDocuments\PCreport.doc

I would think this portion of the name should be a default somewhere
\\AAAServer4949\Users\knollsy\MyDocuments

Any help would be appreciated.

NeilZ

Re: Send to Disk File Question

Post by NeilZ »

tknollsy wrote:We recently moved to a different user file server. When we try to Send to Disk File (Attendance Report) and export for Word for Windows, the file name defaults to a location on the old server. If I click change and set the new file name to the correct server location the file saves correctly. The next time I try to do the same report, it reverts back to the old server location. Is there a Default or Preference setting that I am missing.

Example below

Old location \\AAAServer\Users\knollsy\MyDocuments\PCreport.doc

New Location \\AAAServer4949\Users\knollsy\MyDocuments\PCreport.doc

I would think this portion of the name should be a default somewhere

Any help would be appreciated.
I take it that you did a backup of directory, then restored the directory on the new server? Try running the netsetup115.exe program located in the \Powerchurch\PCPLUS115\install directory. That should update the registry on the server.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tknollsy

Post by tknollsy »

NeilZ

This did not help.

The program itself is on FILESERVER. I have no problem accessing it or the PowerChurch data. My problem is directing Send to Disk File output for the standard Attendance report and other reports.

When the user sends a report to the disk it is supposed to put the report in the users document directory, in this case

I am unable to permanently reset the user document directory from
\\AAAServer\Users\knollsy\MyDocuments

Netsetup115.exe did not give me the opportunity to change the user directory location.

Any other ideas?

Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tknollsy wrote:NeilZ

This did not help.

The program itself is on FILESERVER. I have no problem accessing it or the PowerChurch data. My problem is directing Send to Disk File output for the standard Attendance report and other reports.

When the user sends a report to the disk it is supposed to put the report in the users document directory, in this case

I am unable to permanently reset the user document directory from
\\AAAServer\Users\knollsy\MyDocuments

Netsetup115.exe did not give me the opportunity to change the user directory location.

Any other ideas?

Tom
Two questions:

1. How are you accessing the program, as a Powerchurch client will always default to storing reports under the LOCAL computer user's directory. IE: C:\Users\Neil\Documents (for Win8)

2. How did you originally install the program on the old server?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tknollsy

Post by tknollsy »

Neil Z

I am accessing the program as a client.

I have no idea how the program was installed. However, it still resides on the same server.

The program is not finding the local computer's (server) user directory. It is defaulting to the old SERVER computer user's directory. I can't get it to change to the new SERVER computer user's directory.

Tom Knoll

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tknollsy wrote:Neil Z

I am accessing the program as a client.

I have no idea how the program was installed. However, it still resides on the same server.

The program is not finding the local computer's (server) user directory. It is defaulting to the old SERVER computer user's directory. I can't get it to change to the new SERVER computer user's directory.

Tom Knoll
Tom, your terminology of 'client' may not the the same as used by Powerchurch.

In client for powerchurch, you have a link to the program on your local computer, and the program them runs on your local computer, but the database is accessed on the server.

If you're using a "client' such as a terminal client where you access the server using a desktop sharing type program, then that's a different story.

In any case, this may be an issue you have to call the Powerchurch support line for.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tknollsy

Post by tknollsy »

Neil Z

I am using it as a client as in your definition. I will contact PowerChurch. Thanks for your help.

Tom

tknollsy

Post by tknollsy »

I accidentally found the answer to this problem. I had a problem installing a Acrobat Reader update and the error code had me go to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/886549

and run the fixit. This solved the problem with PowerChurch as well.

I am posting this in case others have this problem the solution is documented.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tknollsy wrote:I accidentally found the answer to this problem. I had a problem installing a Acrobat Reader update and the error code had me go to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/886549

and run the fixit. This solved the problem with PowerChurch as well.

I am posting this in case others have this problem the solution is documented.
Interesting, a registry error ..
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.