Labels with phone number

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

palmersue

Labels with phone number

Post by palmersue »

We are doing a pictorial directory with LifeTouch and have been asked to provide labels with name, address and phone number on it.
I think I just need one label per family, not necessarily per individual. Cannot figure out how to get the phone number on there...
Please help!

NeilZ

Re: Labels with phone number

Post by NeilZ »

palmersue wrote:We are doing a pictorial directory with LifeTouch and have been asked to provide labels with name, address and phone number on it.
I think I just need one label per family, not necessarily per individual. Cannot figure out how to get the phone number on there...
Please help!
Um ... I'm not sure why Lifetouch is requesting labels, when you can export the data using the Personal Profiles -> Other Output -> Create File for Pictorial Directory Co function which gives all the information.

I've really never seen them request this as the file creation function usually suffices. Did they give you a reason why they need labels ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

palmersue

Post by palmersue »

____
Thanks for your reply, Neil. This is what is included in our instructions for our photo sittings next week.

"Prepare a set of standard labels of all your families. Include name, address, city,
state, zip and phone numbers on each. Sort in alphabetical order by last name.
These labels will be used at check-in on Lifetouch paperwork and are critical in
ensuring accurate image matching and any correspondence or shipping from Lifetouch
to the family. "

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

palmersue wrote:____
Thanks for your reply, Neil. This is what is included in our instructions for our photo sittings next week.

"Prepare a set of standard labels of all your families. Include name, address, city,
state, zip and phone numbers on each. Sort in alphabetical order by last name.
These labels will be used at check-in on Lifetouch paperwork and are critical in
ensuring accurate image matching and any correspondence or shipping from Lifetouch
to the family. "
That's unusual. Well, I've always worked with Olan Mills, and they would take the export data from Powerchurch, and use that

Well, in this case you can do an EXPORT of the data you need to use to a CSV (comma separated values) file, then using the Avery Label MS Word add on (or the stand alone Avery Label Maker software), create the labels.

I'm trying to think if there's an easier way, but none come to mind right now.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.