Pictorial Directory Repeating Family Records

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FaithCabot

Pictorial Directory Repeating Family Records

Post by FaithCabot »

In the process of setting up the pictorial directory form with. Using PC Plus 10.4 with out a user manual. Having 2 issues.
The first being the "name line". We need it to read "Adams, Joe & Molly". It is reading "Joe Adams and Family".
Second issue is family listing is repeating for however many records are in the family. Example: Jones family has father, mother and 3 children. The record is repeating 5 times. I am sure it is in the data grouping, but can't figure it out.

NeilZ

Re: Pictorial Directory Repeating Family Records

Post by NeilZ »

FaithCabot wrote:In the process of setting up the pictorial directory form with. Using PC Plus 10.4 with out a user manual. Having 2 issues.
The first being the "name line". We need it to read "Adams, Joe & Molly". It is reading "Joe Adams and Family".
Second issue is family listing is repeating for however many records are in the family. Example: Jones family has father, mother and 3 children. The record is repeating 5 times. I am sure it is in the data grouping, but can't figure it out.
I take it you're using Custom Reports to do this?? You're using the tutorial from here??

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/231 ... -directory

Apparently you're using the Mailing Name when you should probably be using the Household Key Last Name and Salutation if you have 'Joe & Molly' (for example) setup in the Salutation block on the Mailing List Profile. If you don't have that setup, or have "Joe & Molly' as the Household Key First Name then you're going to have some problems.

FWIW ... it may be cheaper in terms of your time and effort to upgrade to v11.55 as it has improved built-in pictorial directory reports.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.