Move data from Demo to Full System

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LeeHockHin

Move data from Demo to Full System

Post by LeeHockHin »

Is it possible to migrate all the MasterCode data and System configuration from the "Demo PowerChurch Plus ver 11.55" to a "Full PowerChurch Plus" later?

If possible, then I can put more effort into the System configuration and Master Codes setup in demo system that will be used to get Buy-in from the leaders and workers of our church. Otherwise all the configuring and Master Codes data work have to be repeated again.

Regards,
Lee Hock Hin
Church Treasurer, Canning Garden Methodist Church
(Retired IT Professional)

NeilZ

Re: Move data from Demo to Full System

Post by NeilZ »

LeeHockHin wrote:Is it possible to migrate all the MasterCode data and System configuration from the "Demo PowerChurch Plus ver 11.55" to a "Full PowerChurch Plus" later?

If possible, then I can put more effort into the System configuration and Master Codes setup in demo system that will be used to get Buy-in from the leaders and workers of our church. Otherwise all the configuring and Master Codes data work have to be repeated again.

Regards,
Lee Hock Hin
Church Treasurer, Canning Garden Methodist Church
(Retired IT Professional)
Lee ..

I don't believe so, as the backup function is disabled in the demo, and some of the files used are modified so that it cannot be used in a production setting. That said, I would call Powerchurch at (800) 486-1800 and ask to speak with sales to see if they have any suggestions.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

LeeHockHin

Post by LeeHockHin »

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, Neil. However I will not be able to make the call to PowerChurch as you suggested as I am now in Malaysia. Is there a way to communicate with them via the Internet? E.g. Using Skype, Google Hangouts, etc?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

LeeHockHin wrote:Thank you very much for the prompt reply, Neil. However I will not be able to make the call to PowerChurch as you suggested as I am now in Malaysia. Is there a way to communicate with them via the Internet? E.g. Using Skype, Google Hangouts, etc?
I'll point out this topic to one of the support staff, they will probably reply here.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Inside the program directory (by default C:\PowerChurch\PCDemo115) is a folder called "Data". That's where all the data files are in both the full version PowerChurch Plus and the demo. However, you won't want to just copy all the files as there are some demo-specific things in there that you won't want to transfer to your full version install.

Below is a link to an article in the Knowledge Base that tells you what type of information is stored in each of the data files.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/396 ... data-files

Don't copy files that start with "PC".

You can post additional questions here in the forum or can use the e-mail form on our web site at http://www.powerchurch.com/contact to send an e-mail to support.

LeeHockHin

Post by LeeHockHin »

Neil and Zorak,
I am very impressed with the promptness and aptness of your support. Excellent work.

I will work through with the information given.

Thank you.