Transferring Contributors

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NCD UMC

Transferring Contributors

Post by NCD UMC »

Can Contributor information being transferred from PowerChurch V. 11.1 to 11.5? If so, how would that be accomplished.

Thank you.
Nick

NeilZ

Re: Transferring Contributors

Post by NeilZ »

NCD UMC wrote:Can Contributor information being transferred from PowerChurch V. 11.1 to 11.5? If so, how would that be accomplished.

Thank you.
Nick
When you install v11.55, the first time you start it up, it will ask you if you're upgrading or new install. You select upgrade, and the system will search for the v11.1 data and import it into the database and update as necessary.

It will do ALL the information from Membership & Contributions. It will not update Accounting (Funds Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, etc) until you're ready to do that upgrade.

Does this answer your question?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NCD UMC

Post by NCD UMC »

Yes, Neil Z., it does answer my question. Unfortunately, when 11.55 was installed, "upgrade" was not selected. So, it appears I'm in for a long process of inputting contributors.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

NCD UMC wrote:Yes, Neil Z., it does answer my question. Unfortunately, when 11.55 was installed, "upgrade" was not selected. So, it appears I'm in for a long process of inputting contributors.
Um ... did they import the membership data ?? If not, you can uninstall the system, then reinstall, then do the import.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

felicia_simmons

Post by felicia_simmons »

NCD UMC wrote:Yes, Neil Z., it does answer my question. Unfortunately, when 11.55 was installed, "upgrade" was not selected. So, it appears I'm in for a long process of inputting contributors.

Did you figure out a way to transfer the data without inputting everything? I, too, didn't select "upgrade" when installing 11.55 Now it won't let me restore data from my 11.1 version back-up. Were you able to find a solution to your problem?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

felicia_simmons wrote: Did you figure out a way to transfer the data without inputting everything? I, too, didn't select "upgrade" when installing 11.55 Now it won't let me restore data from my 11.1 version back-up. Were you able to find a solution to your problem?
You cannot restore any backups from a prior version to the newer version. The main reason for this is that the database tables are changed.

However, the previous issue may not be the same as yours. I'll need to know more info:

What have you done so far ?? Have you started using Accounting? Contributions ??

If you've not done anything yet, there is still hope as long as you haven't uninstalled v11.1. That said, if you still have the PCPLUS11 directory under the c:\Powerchurch directory your old 11.1 data may still be available to convert. If so do this:

1. UNINSTALL version 11.55 completely.
2. Reinstall v11.55
3. Start PCPLUS v11.55 and when asked say yes to the upgrade. The system will then search to find the older 11.1 data.
4. It will convert the new data.
5. You're ready to go.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.