Power Church Reports

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BGUMC

Power Church Reports

Post by BGUMC »

When will there be a new release forthcoming whereby Power Church produces reports in *.DOCX format. Many newer versions of Word won't open *.DOC so I've been saving the DOC reports as DOCX but then the column headers are misaligned.

NeilZ

Re: Power Church Reports

Post by NeilZ »

BGUMC wrote:When will there be a new release forthcoming whereby Power Church produces reports in *.DOCX format. Many newer versions of Word won't open *.DOC so I've been saving the DOC reports as DOCX but then the column headers are misaligned.
As has been discussed in the past, the third party report writer used in Powerchurch has not been updated as newer updates of the software broke the reports. So for now, PCPlus is stuck with creating .DOC files until the next version which is being worked on. However, from what I understand, it is a complete rewrite for a new programming platform and database system, so it won't happen quickly.

However, it is not true that newer versions of word will not open .DOC files. Here is a knowledgebase article that discusses how to remove any 'security' issues when trying to open documents created by an earlier version of Word:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/79/ ... and-higher
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Power Church Reports

Post by Jeff »

The new versions of Word will now import PDF files. So the best option may be to use the PDF export from PowerChurch and open that in Word.