importing data from Excel

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kendude33

importing data from Excel

Post by kendude33 »

WE have just installed Power Church and are trying to import data from an Excel file. I set up all the field names in my spreadsheet, but when I try to do the import into the Family Mailing List I get an error that says that Microsoft Visual FoxPro has stopped working. Any ideas what this is? or How to fix/get around it? Thanks!
Ken Bennett
Blue Ridge FBC
Ken Bennett

NeilZ

Re: importing data from Excel

Post by NeilZ »

kendude33 wrote:WE have just installed Power Church and are trying to import data from an Excel file. I set up all the field names in my spreadsheet, but when I try to do the import into the Family Mailing List I get an error that says that Microsoft Visual FoxPro has stopped working. Any ideas what this is? or How to fix/get around it? Thanks!
Ken Bennett
Blue Ridge FBC
Two things:

1. What are you trying to import? Powerchurch will only import Mailing List Data, that is the Family name, address, phone number and main email address. It will not import any personal profiles.

2. I'm going to assume that you're saving the Excel file as a CSV (comma delimited) file. If so, how big is that file?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.