Help in Sterling IL?

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rvcsterling

Help in Sterling IL?

Post by rvcsterling »

I'm looking for a church in the Sterling, Illinois (or surrounding area) who uses PowerChurch and would be willing to help setup our accounts. Reply to this post or email to email@rvcsterling.com

NeilZ

Re: Help in Sterling IL?

Post by NeilZ »

rvcsterling wrote:I'm looking for a church in the Sterling, Illinois (or surrounding area) who uses PowerChurch and would be willing to help setup our accounts. Reply to this post or email to email@rvcsterling.com
Are there specific requirements that you have? The accounts that normally come with PCPlus are a good starting point. Also, you can ask questions here and get some good answers.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

F12Mahon

Re: Help in Sterling IL?

Post by F12Mahon »

I am in Polo, about 17 miles away. Do you have specific questions or just need general guidance to start? Are you familiar with accounting? I am not so I muddle my way through.

I would first read the manual. Especially the part about getting started and setup. IN fact I recommend reading it a couple times before starting. Read it before doing so you have a better understanding of what you are seeing and what is coming up.

Do you work on a calendar year? Are you switching from a different prr? If yogram? Paper ledgeou start with Nov. 1 or Dec. 1 of last year you can see what reports look like before starting the new year.

Once you have it installed and before you set up your accounts I suggest you go to reports in Funds Accounting and print out the generic Chart of Accounts. It will be several(4 to 6) pages. See if it will work for you as is or if it needs tweaking or major overhaul. It is easier to pencil in changes now before starting account setup.

I was rather overwhelmed when I first set up PowerChurch v. 11.0, now 11.1. As I said earlier, I muddled through and now have most of the kinks worked out.
Eugene