Maintenance Release v11.55 dated 12/22/15

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MikeKeller

Maintenance Release v11.55 dated 12/22/15

Post by MikeKeller »

When I attempted to install the latest Maintenance Release (12/22/15) this morning I received an error message: DeleteFile failed: code 32. I aborted the installation. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Mike
Mike Keller
Communications/Database Director
Crown of Life Lutheran Church

NeilZ

Re: Maintenance Release v11.55 dated 12/22/15

Post by NeilZ »

MikeKeller wrote:When I attempted to install the latest Maintenance Release (12/22/15) this morning I received an error message: DeleteFile failed: code 32. I aborted the installation. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Mike
I'm going to ask a few questions:

1. Are you running this on the "server" ?
2. Are you running with an account that has 'admin' privileges to install software?

Sounds obvious, but those answers will eliminate a few areas.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Budaumc

Re: Version 11.5 - 12/22/2015 Maintenance Release

Post by Budaumc »

I downloaded the release and when I open powerchurch it asks if I want to install the maintenance release and if I select yes the program does not open; nothing happens. If I select No it opens the program and I can proceed as usual. When I select no and the program opens, in the upper left hand it says version 11.55 If I go to download maintenance updates and select yes it freezes and shuts down the program. Anyone else having this problem?

NeilZ

Re: Version 11.5 - 12/22/2015 Maintenance Release

Post by NeilZ »

Budaumc wrote:I downloaded the release and when I open powerchurch it asks if I want to install the maintenance release and if I select yes the program does not open; nothing happens. If I select No it opens the program and I can proceed as usual. When I select no and the program opens, in the upper left hand it says version 11.55 If I go to download maintenance updates and select yes it freezes and shuts down the program. Anyone else having this problem?
A few questions;

1. What version of Windows are you using?
2. Are you running this update on the 'server' or a client computer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

MikeKeller

Post by MikeKeller »

Neil... In our case we discovered that the IT department had opened PowerChurch on the server and forgot to close it before leaving last night. Our issue is resolved. Mike
Mike Keller
Communications/Database Director
Crown of Life Lutheran Church

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

MikeKeller wrote:Neil... In our case we discovered that the IT department had opened PowerChurch on the server and forgot to close it before leaving last night. Our issue is resolved. Mike
Yeah, I can see why that would cause that error.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.