In making a new phone tree (automated calling list)

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

randychappell

In making a new phone tree (automated calling list)

Post by randychappell »

in the updated powerchurch, it is duplicating family members and I can't find a way to edit the duplication out. It creates a lot of work if I have to go in and edit out additional family members. We didn't have this issue in the previous version and it's a little frustrating. Can you help?

Thanks,
Randy

NeilZ

Re: In making a new phone tree (automated calling list)

Post by NeilZ »

randychappell wrote:in the updated powerchurch, it is duplicating family members and I can't find a way to edit the duplication out. It creates a lot of work if I have to go in and edit out additional family members. We didn't have this issue in the previous version and it's a little frustrating. Can you help?

Thanks,
Randy
By updated Powerchurch, do you mean that after you installed a new Maintenance Release to V11.1 or 11.55, or did you recently upgrade from an earlier version? If so, what version did you upgrade from ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

randychappell

Post by randychappell »

We are using powerchurch 11.5. We didn't have this problem with the previous version. It's just creating a lot of work for our secretary. Previously when we did an export for our phone tree, it would make one per family. Now it is including all members of the family.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

randychappell wrote:We are using powerchurch 11.5. We didn't have this problem with the previous version. It's just creating a lot of work for our secretary. Previously when we did an export for our phone tree, it would make one per family. Now it is including all members of the family.
Are you using the Personal Profile's Create automated messaging file, or the Family Mailing List?? From the way its sounds, you're using the Personal Profile's export rather than the Family Mailing List one.

However, if you're using the Family Mailing List then there is a major issue and you should call Powerchurch directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.