Email Error not updating Runfiles

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

JeffBusse

Email Error not updating Runfiles

Post by JeffBusse »

We are using Powerchurch 11.5 in a networked environment and everything has worked well up until this last MR.

Hello, I need a little help...

I updated the server but now each client station asks that we update runtime files when we send email.

We say yes and provide the admin password to which it throws the error...

PROGRAM: BULKMAIL.INT
LINE: 13
ERROR: 1733
MESSAGE: Class definition CHILKAT_9_5_0.GLOBAL is not found.

We cannot get our mail out all other aspects of the program seem to function normally.

Thanks

Jeff

NeilZ

Re: Email Error not updating Runfiles

Post by NeilZ »

JeffBusse wrote:We are using Powerchurch 11.5 in a networked environment and everything has worked well up until this last MR.

Hello, I need a little help...

I updated the server but now each client station asks that we update runtime files when we send email.

We say yes and provide the admin password to which it throws the error...

PROGRAM: BULKMAIL.INT
LINE: 13
ERROR: 1733
MESSAGE: Class definition CHILKAT_9_5_0.GLOBAL is not found.

We cannot get our mail out all other aspects of the program seem to function normally.

Thanks

Jeff
OK .. this is the second report we've had, but the first that gives us a system error like that.

FWIW .. the local runtime update for each client is something that needs to happen.

Have you tried running the program under a Windows administrator account, not a 'regular' account?

Another hint has been to open the mapped Powerchurch directory on the client computer, head to the INSTALL directory and run the NETSETUP115.exe program.

If after trying those suggestions, you're still having the issue, I'd call Powerchurch support directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

JeffBusse

Post by JeffBusse »

Yes I am the admin and I opened the computer in the local admin account, uninstalled the client and reinstalled using netsetup. everything says it installed correctly but the problem remains. We have five computers all doing the same thing, the only one that was able to complete the install was on the server itself.

Thanks for your help, though.

Jeff

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

JeffBusse wrote:Yes I am the admin and I opened the computer in the local admin account, uninstalled the client and reinstalled using netsetup. everything says it installed correctly but the problem remains. We have five computers all doing the same thing, the only one that was able to complete the install was on the server itself.

Thanks for your help, though.

Jeff
OK ... as I said, this is the second report of something like this within the past few days. I'd call Powerchurch directly as this does sound like something they need to research directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

JeffBusse

Post by JeffBusse »

I thought it best to post back the resolution to this issue.
Thomas helped me from tech support, thanks Thomas.

The issue was that the MR did not update all my files correctly on the server once that was done each workstation required one login through and admin to update and all is well.

I hope it helps anyone else with this issue.

Jeff

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

JeffBusse wrote:I thought it best to post back the resolution to this issue.
Thomas helped me from tech support, thanks Thomas.

The issue was that the MR did not update all my files correctly on the server once that was done each workstation required one login through and admin to update and all is well.

I hope it helps anyone else with this issue.

Jeff
Was that due to a permissions issue on the Server, was a file in use, or something else ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.