Loading updtaed version 8.5 on new PC

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Mark

Loading updtaed version 8.5 on new PC

Post by Mark »

Our churcxh bought a new PC I loaded version 8 on it and then loaded 8.5 without any data in 8. When it asked the question to convert data I answered yes.

When we did a back-up from the old computer to th new computer 8.5 nolonger asks the question to convert the data.

What did I do wrong and what should I do to correct it so that we can use 8.5 on the new conputer with the old data converted

Thanks,
Mark
MAY

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

Just to make sure I am following you, the backup you have is in version 8 and you are restoring into version 8 on the new computer and then want to upgrade the date on the new computer from version 8 to 8.5??

If that is the case you need to uninstall version 8.5, then open My Computer and browse to where you can see the PCPLUS85 folder. Just right click and delete the folder. Then reinstall version 8.5 and now it won't have any data so when you start it up it will ask if you have a previous version.

The process obviously involves deleting anything input into version 8.5. So hopefully you haven't been working in that version yet and all your work is still in version 8 format.

Mark

Reply to Zeb

Post by Mark »

That is correct. Thanks I'll follow your instructions and let you know what happens.

Thanks
Mark
MAY