Reverse a posted transaction with a check on AP

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

New2this

Reverse a posted transaction with a check on AP

Post by New2this »

Help! I'm new to this program. Here's my problem. I followed instructions from the previous treasurer to issue a repeated item. Here's the problem, after I printed this check and posted the transaction, the fund balances does not match my physical book ledger because the income account to credit the expense had no money in it. It had a zero balance to begin with. Both the income and expense accounts have zero balances. Apparently these fund accounts haven't been used in a year. Now we have to use those funds to cover a monthly allowance. My question is this, can I reverse this transaction involving a check on the posted transaction screen and just redo the transaction all over again using the same check number since that check has already printed? I'm using version 10. Thank you in advance!

NeilZ

Re: Reverse a posted transaction with a check on AP

Post by NeilZ »

New2this wrote:Help! I'm new to this program. Here's my problem. I followed instructions from the previous treasurer to issue a repeated item. Here's the problem, after I printed this check and posted the transaction, the fund balances does not match my physical book ledger because the income account to credit the expense had no money in it. It had a zero balance to begin with. Both the income and expense accounts have zero balances. Apparently these fund accounts haven't been used in a year. Now we have to use those funds to cover a monthly allowance. My question is this, can I reverse this transaction involving a check on the posted transaction screen and just redo the transaction all over again using the same check number since that check has already printed? I'm using version 10. Thank you in advance!
You have to VOID the check in Accounts Payable, then 'reissue' the check by creating it under MANUAL checks, but use the original check number and date of issue. Correct what you need to correct for the accounts, then POST to Paid Items and Funds Accounting.

This will reverse the original entries and correct the system.

FWIW .. something to pass on to your church board. Version 10.4 is no longer being supported with updates by Powerchurch. Version 11.55 has many, many updates to Accounting as well as Membership that will provide much greater functionality for you and the congregation. Upgrading to 11.55 is only $149 plus $10 shipping, and is well worth the price.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.