Pull Down Field Problem

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

brentbond

Pull Down Field Problem

Post by brentbond »

I am running the current Version of 11.1 on Windows 10 (but I am also having this same problem on Windows 7). I will use Mailing Category as an example but I am also getting the problem in other pull down menus.

The Problem - If I try to click the top field in the Mailing Category pull down, it will not select it. I have to put my cursor in several different spots in the field before it will take (center, full left, full right, high, low). There is no consistency in the location of the cursor when it took to when the problem happens again. It always seem to happen in that top pull down field. Other fields in that particular pull down work fine in that I can put the cursor anywhere in them and they will take. This problem also occurs in the Code 1, Code 2, Code 3 fields. It is like the top field is not "defined" correctly on where the cursor click should be accepted in it. I had this problem occasionally on previous versions but it seems to be more prevalent with the latest maintenance update a week ago.

Have others encountered this problem?

bookkeeper@eastrose.org

Re: Pull Down Field Problem

Post by bookkeeper@eastrose.org »

Constantly. January is the toughest to capture in the reports module for Fund Accounting. Since I've been clearing 3 years worth, it's a pain. Also hard to capture in Contributions, and membership. I thought it was just me!
:wall: Sue

brentbond

Post by brentbond »

When I asked Powerchurch reps about this way back when, they said that it was a Microsoft problem so I just lived with it.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The issue is the mouse is still moving when you click your selection. It happens to me all the time as well.

Just slow down a little bit and make two separate motions: point the mouse at the option you want and then click it. Otherwise, it thinks you're dragging that option in the dropdown list and doesn't register as a click.