Saving Reports

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kimvdh

Saving Reports

Post by kimvdh »

Hi I have just switched from regular PCplus11 to the PC online. I can figure out how to save a report to my desktop. I click the Save As icon choose excel spreadsheet format and then click the change button to enter name of file and in the Save in: window i select desktop and the only options I have are systems folders when I try to select one I get a warning "this operation has been canceled due to limitations on this computer..."
Is there a different way to save from PC online?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Saving Reports

Post by Zorak »

This article should get you taken care of:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/77/ ... ving-files

kimvdh

Post by kimvdh »

I have tried and tried and I can't save anything ... I maybe should add that I am working on a mac

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kimvdh wrote:I have tried and tried and I can't save anything ... I maybe should add that I am working on a mac
Shouldn't matter the IDS clients works the same. When you pull up the Select Folder dialog, what are you seeing for choices?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kimvdh

Post by kimvdh »

I should also add I am not computer savvy lol

The save in: auto option is "Client Home" but then I choose ".....$(\\PC-STORAGE-1)(Z) then there is a folder called PCPLUS115 then I choose save as and save as type & click save

I can't find that folder PCPLUS115 that all my saves should be in :P I have looked in FINDER and the search icon for both the name of the folder and the specific name of my file and nothing comes up

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kimvdh wrote:I should also add I am not computer savvy lol

The save in: auto option is "Client Home" but then I choose ".....$(\\PC-STORAGE-1)(Z) then there is a folder called PCPLUS115 then I choose save as and save as type & click save

I can't find that folder PCPLUS115 that all my saves should be in :P I have looked in FINDER and the search icon for both the name of the folder and the specific name of my file and nothing comes up
As referenced in the link that Zorak posted,

"You will also see a drive listed as "PowerChurch Online NAS (pc-storage-1) (Z:)".

This is a special drive that we have created for you on the server itself. You can use it to store temporary backups, but it is not recommended to be used for permanent storage, as this drive is periodically pruned of older backups."

Do NOT use that drive for any storage, as the page said, that is a drive on the Powerchurch SERVER, you won't find it locally. Use the drive that says Client Home, that should be your local computer. Create a folder there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kimvdh

Post by kimvdh »

Thank you