software on two computers

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Apbsc

software on two computers

Post by Apbsc »

Question: can I load software on one computer. Enter all the data and then transfer everything to the permanent computer location in the church office?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: software on two computers

Post by Zorak »

Yes. The article linked below gives a couple of different options for moving the software.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/425 ... to-another

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

My advice?

Its always easier to do a Powerchurch utility backup on the computer you're going to be transferring from to the permanent computer.

I'm guessing that you're not going to use the first computer again, once the data is moved, right ??

Well, making sure that Powerchurch is properly installed on the new computer from the installation CD, then restoring the backup from the temp computer insures that you're getting all the needed program files loaded on the new computer. I've seen some issues where there was only a backup of the Powerchurch directory done, and issues happened when it was moved to a new computer.

Installing on the new computer using the Installation Disk, eliminates that issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:Yes. The article linked below gives a couple of different options for moving the software.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/425 ... to-another
FWIW .. after looking at that link, the article needs a bit of revision, since starting in v11.1 and up, the NETSETUPxx.EXE program is located in the /Powerchurch/PCPLUSxx/Installation directory, where the XX is the version installed (IE: PCPLUS11 or PCPLUS115).
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Inside the Install folder is a program called Netsetup.exe. Versions 9 and higher have the version number coded into the file name (Netsetup9.exe). In Versions 10 and prior, the Netsetup program is located directly in the program directory.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:
Inside the Install folder is a program called Netsetup.exe. Versions 9 and higher have the version number coded into the file name (Netsetup9.exe). In Versions 10 and prior, the Netsetup program is located directly in the program directory.
DOH ... I read that wrong. Its kind of an awkward wording.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I agree 100%

NetSetup can be called:

- Setup.exe located in C:\PCPLUS7\
- Netsetup.exe located in C:\PCPLUS8\ or C:\PCPLUS85\
- Netsetup9/10.exe located in C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS9\ or C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS10\
- Netsetup11/115.exe located in C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS11\Install\ or C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS115\Install\

It's hard to sum up 20 years of development in a couple of sentences!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:I agree 100%

NetSetup can be called:

- Setup.exe located in C:\PCPLUS7\
- Netsetup.exe located in C:\PCPLUS8\ or C:\PCPLUS85\
- Netsetup9/10.exe located in C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS9\ or C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS10\
- Netsetup11/11.5.exe located in C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS11\Install\ or C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS115\Install\
Perfect ...
It's hard to sum up 20 years of development in a couple of sentences!
FWIW ... you did a good job of it :) Except, get rid of the period between the 11 and the 5 8)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

hahaha got me!