Verify Database Backup Version Date/Time

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

R.V.Fagan

Verify Database Backup Version Date/Time

Post by R.V.Fagan »

Is there a way to view the version of the database backup currently loaded on PowerChurch. We need to ensure somebody doesn't reload a database that is not the current load, or if I pop by for a support issue I can verify the date/time of the currently running database.

NeilZ

Re: Verify Database Backup Version Date/Time

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:Is there a way to view the version of the database backup currently loaded on PowerChurch. We need to ensure somebody doesn't reload a database that is not the current load, or if I pop by for a support issue I can verify the date/time of the currently running database.
The system will not allow a backup from a previous version to be restored. This is due to the various database changes that occur in the newer versions.

For instance, if you were running v11.1, you could not restore to v11.55.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

Yes, I understand that aspect. I may have mis-stated my request - what I would like to view is the filename of the current database that is running at the time - i.e. PCBACKUP_20160804_1018ADP

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:Yes, I understand that aspect. I may have mis-stated my request - what I would like to view is the filename of the current database that is running at the time - i.e. PCBACKUP_20160804_1018ADP
Um .. the current database is the current database. If you want to see if it was restored from something else you would go to Utilities -> View System Audit Log Click on the last entry, which is usually a restore, and it will show the date, time and type of backup in the box below the list.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

Excellent Neil - that's what I was looking for - Utilities -> View System Audit. Tells me what the most recent restored backup was. Thanks a million.