Access denied on PowerChurch Today

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CranfordUMC

Access denied on PowerChurch Today

Post by CranfordUMC »

Has anyone else received the message "Access is denied." when selecting the PowerChurch Today Community from the Windows tab? Am running PowerChurch Online. It started this week but I just figured it was a temporary thing. Is there new security for individual users within PC online?

I do not stay in the forum unless I want to reply or add a new post however I check this regularly for information.
Steve Heller
Treasurer
Cranford United Methodist Church

NeilZ

Re: Access denied on PowerChurch Today

Post by NeilZ »

CranfordUMC wrote:Has anyone else received the message "Access is denied." when selecting the PowerChurch Today Community from the Windows tab? Am running PowerChurch Online. It started this week but I just figured it was a temporary thing. Is there new security for individual users within PC online?

I do not stay in the forum unless I want to reply or add a new post however I check this regularly for information.
It may be a login issue from the Powerchurch Online servers. Since you're a PCPlus Online user, you have free phone support, I'd give them a call and they may either show you how to fix it, or they may not know this is happening from their server, so this will give them a heads up.

UPDATE: I don't normally use that way to access the forums, but I just tried it from my production system, and I saw that same error.
I'll direct a Powerchurch techie to this thread.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

OK, so it is not just me. Will call the tech support.

thanks,
Steve Heller
Treasurer

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

FYI... talked to tech support, they can reproduce the issue and will be addressing it.
Steve Heller
Treasurer

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yes, we recently had to move the whole powerchurch.com domain to https, which broke some functionality like the RSS feed that is queried by PowerChurch Today.

We will be rolling out a little Maintenance Release with a fix for this and a couple of other issues soon.

calbapt

Post by calbapt »

I just started seeing this message when I boot up power church and my today popup comes up with forum and other choices...instead of seeing a forum question I see access denied.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

calbapt wrote:I just started seeing this message when I boot up power church and my today popup comes up with forum and other choices...instead of seeing a forum question I see access denied.
As was mentioned above, its being fixed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.