Constant Contact sync crashes after recent update

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pbumc

Constant Contact sync crashes after recent update

Post by pbumc »

We're using PC+ 11.55 with the 10/19/2016 update. Constant Contact sync required an update to email components (pc115email.exe). Now when running the sync, during the third phase ("Updating Constant Contact with changes made in PowerChurch"), we get the following error and the program crashes:

PROGRAM: CONSTANTCONTACTSYNC.PROCESSCHANGEDEMAILSINPOWERCHURCH
LINE: 1602
ERROR: 1
MESSAGE: File 'removefrompowerchurchlists.prg' does not exist

Same error on two desktops.

I thought I might be able to restore that file from a backup but I can't figure out where the .prg files are stored. Or are they are compiled into the .exe?

Thanks,
Mark Berry

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Constant Contact sync crashes after recent update

Post by Zorak »

A Maintenance Release is being published right now that will fix this issue.

pbumc

Post by pbumc »

Thanks. We'll apply the update when it's available and try again.
Mark Berry

pbumc

Post by pbumc »

Had not seen an update announcement (usually the user lets me know when PowerChurch tells her to update) but when I checked manually today, an update from 1/17/2017 was available. After applying that, the Constant Contact sync completed successfully!
Mark Berry

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

pbumc wrote:Had not seen an update announcement (usually the user lets me know when PowerChurch tells her to update) but when I checked manually today, an update from 1/17/2017 was available. After applying that, the Constant Contact sync completed successfully!
Check to make sure that any antivirus you're using on your systems has the program/file pcautomr115.exe as 'safe' and authorized to access the internet. I've seen that some antivirus programs will block it as its an 'unknown' program.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pbumc

Post by pbumc »

Thanks for the suggestion, Neil.

Using Microsoft Security Essentials here. No indication in history that it blocked access to any PowerChurch executable. I scanned pcautomr115.exe with MSE and with MalwareBytes, found no threats.
Mark Berry

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

pbumc wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, Neil.

Using Microsoft Security Essentials here. No indication in history that it blocked access to any PowerChurch executable. I scanned pcautomr115.exe with MSE and with MalwareBytes, found no threats.
Its not so much as having a 'threat' but that its 'unrecognized' as safe. This happens with a lot of software that does not have a large user base (less than 100,000 users). I had a problem at a local church where Norton would not allow it to access the internet until I added a 'user rule'.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.