FlockNote integration?

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pbumc

FlockNote integration?

Post by pbumc »

Our church is considering moving from Constant Contact to FlockNote to take advantage of SMS messaging as a contact option.

Are there any plans to integrate FlockNote with PC+ 11.55?

Thanks,
Mark Berry

NeilZ

Re: FlockNote integration?

Post by NeilZ »

pbumc wrote:Our church is considering moving from Constant Contact to FlockNote to take advantage of SMS messaging as a contact option.

Are there any plans to integrate FlockNote with PC+ 11.55?

Thanks,
The program will output a file for automated messaging services, the file has the format of
Lastname, Firstname, voice desc, voice, text desc, text, email.

According to this help note on the FlockNote page, that's all you need to import data into their system:
http://help.flocknote.com/article/63-ho ... -flocknote

If you're looking for a fuller integration as you have with Constant Contact, it does not appear that FlockNote offers any other types of integration.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pbumc

Post by pbumc »

NeilZ wrote: If you're looking for a fuller integration as you have with Constant Contact, it does not appear that FlockNote offers any other types of integration.
Yes, I'm asking about a bi-directional sync such as offered with Constant Contact. I'm assuming that this is something that PowerChurch would have to develop since it runs inside the PowerChurch program. I believe FlockNote has an API that PowerChurch would need to use to upload/download changes.
Mark Berry

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

pbumc wrote:
NeilZ wrote: If you're looking for a fuller integration as you have with Constant Contact, it does not appear that FlockNote offers any other types of integration.
Yes, I'm asking about a bi-directional sync such as offered with Constant Contact. I'm assuming that this is something that PowerChurch would have to develop since it runs inside the PowerChurch program. I believe FlockNote has an API that PowerChurch would need to use to upload/download changes.
I didn't see anything about that on the Flocknote site in the FAQs, they were talking about a CSV or Spreadsheet upload. If you know of a link to any other info about that, could you post it here for history, if nothing else.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pbumc

Post by pbumc »

Neil, you're right: Flocknote support confirmed that they no longer have an API (although Google's cache from 8/10/2016 still carries a Help article about it). The only integration currently available is the import. Not enough IMO as we really want weekly bi-directional sync between our bulk email host and our CMS. The Flocknote support engineer promised to take this request back to their development team.

Regards,
Mark Berry