one computer will not open

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

calvarymo

one computer will not open

Post by calvarymo »

We are running 11.5 through a server. One of our laptops will not open the program. Mostly it is only running the "update components" each time we clicked to start the program. Twice it would finally open the program but for only about two seconds then shut down. It is working fine on the other computers and the server. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: one computer will not open

Post by Zorak »

When it says "Updating components" it is just downloading the program executable (pcplusXX.exe) from the server/host computer to this workstation. That happens the first time you connect a workstation ever or after a new Maintenance Release is installed on the server.

Take a look to see if maybe the antivirus or other security software is jumping in and shutting the process down.

calvarymo

Post by calvarymo »

I checked the firewall and it is allowing it. It is strange because it will hit the 100% on the updating and sometimes even flash the opening screen up before closing. This is all happening when I use the desktop icon after installing from the server. However, if I tell it to just open the program directly from the server location it appears to opening fine and running fine on the computer.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

calvarymo wrote:I checked the firewall and it is allowing it. It is strange because it will hit the 100% on the updating and sometimes even flash the opening screen up before closing. This is all happening when I use the desktop icon after installing from the server. However, if I tell it to just open the program directly from the server location it appears to opening fine and running fine on the computer.
My suggestion is this:

1. Make sure the server shared drive is properly mapped to the local computer.
2. On the shared drive head to the PCPLUS115/Install directory, and run the NETSETUP115.EXE program. This often fixes such things as it resets the local computer's registry and copies over many of the runtime files.

Make sure that when you do this you are logged on the local computer with admin privileges.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.