Uninstall Powerchurch 10 from old computer

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

prentz

Uninstall Powerchurch 10 from old computer

Post by prentz »

I am not sure if I am posting in the right section. I apologize if so. I am trying to uninstall Powerchurch 10 from an old computer we no longer use in the office. I went to Powerchurch 10 in programs and features and right-clicked uninstall. It seemed like it was uninstalling and then I got a message that it did not uninstall correctly. Now when I try to uninstall, I get a message that says "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file". When I go into the PCPLUS10 files and go to the Install folder, there is no file with that name nor do I see in the list of files that are not in folders. Any help is very much appreciated. BTW, this computer is running Windows 7.

NeilZ

Re: Uninstall Powerchurch 10 from old computer

Post by NeilZ »

prentz wrote:I am not sure if I am posting in the right section. I apologize if so. I am trying to uninstall Powerchurch 10 from an old computer we no longer use in the office. I went to Powerchurch 10 in programs and features and right-clicked uninstall. It seemed like it was uninstalling and then I got a message that it did not uninstall correctly. Now when I try to uninstall, I get a message that says "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file". When I go into the PCPLUS10 files and go to the Install folder, there is no file with that name nor do I see in the list of files that are not in folders. Any help is very much appreciated. BTW, this computer is running Windows 7.

There are few things you can try:
1. Head to the PCPLUS10 directory, and look for the netsetup10.exe program, run that. It will re-register the programs .DLLs on the local computer. Then try to uninstall from the 'Programs & Features' applet

If that didn't work:

2. If you still have the original Install disk of v10.4, reinstall it, then head over to the 'Programs & Features' applet and try the uninstall again.

If that didn't work you may as well delete the Powerchurch directory and all subdirectories and delete the icon. Make sure you empty the trash, to make sure the data is deleted. Its a last resort, but since you're not going to use the computer for Powerchurch again, it shouldn't matter.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

prentz

Post by prentz »

Thank you. Tried both suggestions and still get the same error. How do I delete the directory?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

prentz wrote:Thank you. Tried both suggestions and still get the same error. How do I delete the directory?
Open the My PC or This Computer link from the desktop or the start menu. Open the C: drive, highlight the Powerchurch directory, and either drag it to the Recycle Bin, or right click on the directory name, and select delete from the right-click menu that appears.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

prentz

Post by prentz »

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.