Error Messages while scrolling through Reports

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RenCPC

Error Messages while scrolling through Reports

Post by RenCPC »

My current platform is PowerChurch Version 11.1 on Windows 10.

There are two error messages I receive while paging through a report I've generated in the Accounting Module. This may happen in other modules but I usually only work in the Accounting Module.

First Error is:
Error: 1440
Method: nav_next
Line: 3
Message: OLE exception error: Exception code e06d7363.OLE object may be corrupt

Second error is:
Microsoft Visual FoxPro has stopped working

In both situations the program is shut down and I have to start again. These errors are not consistent either. Sometimes I can scroll through my reports without any errors.

Is there a patch I can download to fix this?
Please help.
Renée

NeilZ

Re: Error Messages while scrolling through Reports

Post by NeilZ »

RenCPC wrote:My current platform is PowerChurch Version 11.1 on Windows 10.

There are two error messages I receive while paging through a report I've generated in the Accounting Module. This may happen in other modules but I usually only work in the Accounting Module.

First Error is:
Error: 1440
Method: nav_next
Line: 3
Message: OLE exception error: Exception code e06d7363.OLE object may be corrupt

Second error is:
Microsoft Visual FoxPro has stopped working

In both situations the program is shut down and I have to start again. These errors are not consistent either. Sometimes I can scroll through my reports without any errors.

Is there a patch I can download to fix this?
Please help.
Renée
FWIW .. the first error is the cause of the second, so if the first issue is resolved, you shouldn't see the second again.

This is more a system issue than the program. Is this computer on a network, and Powerchurch is accessing the database on another computer? The research I've done on this is saying that this can be due to a bad network connection? Is this a wireless connection?
Is anyone else seeing this error on their computer.

As you can see, additional information is needed in order to give any type of advice, since a search of the forum (going back years) does not turn up any reference to the original error.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RenCPC

Post by RenCPC »

Hi Neil,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm on a stand alone computer. I'm using Wifi. Both my computer and my Wifi router (? not sure if that' the right name for it) are new (replaced this year). The program is loaded onto my computer, I'm not using the online version. Believe it or not, the errors are sometimes independent of each other. And what is more aggravating is that the occurrences are not consistent. I was really hoping that others using PowerChurch were having the same problem.
Many thanks,
Renée

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

RenCPC wrote:Hi Neil,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm on a stand alone computer. I'm using Wifi. Both my computer and my Wifi router (? not sure if that' the right name for it) are new (replaced this year). The program is loaded onto my computer, I'm not using the online version. Believe it or not, the errors are sometimes independent of each other. And what is more aggravating is that the occurrences are not consistent. I was really hoping that others using PowerChurch were having the same problem.
Many thanks,
Renée
OK .. let me verify:

Stand alone computer, no network for the church so the database is located on your machine. You're running v11.1, you didn't say if you have the latest Maintenance Release installed, which is dated 12/06/2016.

It does sound like something was not registered properly. Try this: in the c:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS11\install folder, find netsetup11, double click on that to run the program. Let it run as it re-registers many of the program files.

Let us know if you still see the errors after that.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.