Error message when installing on new laptop

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ERBC

Error message when installing on new laptop

Post by ERBC »

Running PowerChurch 10 on old laptop. When I installed it on my new laptop (using the program disc), it seemed to load fine. But when I tried to open the program I received the following error message: "Program: FRM_PC1SETUP.INIT Line: 14 Error: 1426 Message: OLE error code ox80020009. Exception occurred." I've contacted PowerChurch tech support by email - per the suggestion I received I've checked to be sure that the following three files are in the proper folder: Vfp9r.dll Vfp9renu.dll Vfp9t.dll. I also downloaded and installed the demo version of the PowerChurch 11.5 - I can open that program without any error messages. So, I then purchased PowerChurch 11.5, while I wait for the program disc to arrive I downloaded the program - using the link provided by PowerChurch - to install the new version on my laptop. I still receive the same error message when attempting to open PowerChurch 11.5. Laptop is an HP Envy, running Windows 10.

NeilZ

Re: Error message when installing on new laptop

Post by NeilZ »

ERBC wrote:Running PowerChurch 10 on old laptop. When I installed it on my new laptop (using the program disc), it seemed to load fine. But when I tried to open the program I received the following error message: "Program: FRM_PC1SETUP.INIT Line: 14 Error: 1426 Message: OLE error code ox80020009. Exception occurred." I've contacted PowerChurch tech support by email - per the suggestion I received I've checked to be sure that the following three files are in the proper folder: Vfp9r.dll Vfp9renu.dll Vfp9t.dll. I also downloaded and installed the demo version of the PowerChurch 11.5 - I can open that program without any error messages. So, I then purchased PowerChurch 11.5, while I wait for the program disc to arrive I downloaded the program - using the link provided by PowerChurch - to install the new version on my laptop. I still receive the same error message when attempting to open PowerChurch 11.5. Laptop is an HP Envy, running Windows 10.
I'm assuming this is during the INSTALLATION of the program, or is this happening once its installed on your system? Also .. make sure you are using the default program path as shown in the Setup program: C:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS115. Do not install to the Program Files (x86) directory.

Also, before you proceed to install on your new laptop, install v 11.55 on your old laptop and CONVERT the database there. You will not be able to do this after you install to the new laptop since you can't install v10 there. Do a backup of the v11.55 database and restore that to the new laptop once you get the program installed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ERBC

Post by ERBC »

Thank you, Neil Z, for the information. I receive the error message AFTER installing PowerChurch onto my laptop. I double-click the PowerChurch icon - a window opens - message pops up that there is an error. Closing the pop up also closes the program.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ERBC wrote:Thank you, Neil Z, for the information. I receive the error message AFTER installing PowerChurch onto my laptop. I double-click the PowerChurch icon - a window opens - message pops up that there is an error. Closing the pop up also closes the program.
OK .. head to the C:\powerchurch\pcplus115\install directory, double click on the NETSETUP115.exe program to run it. Sometimes this re-registers the .DLLs and takes care of such things. Also, what antivirus are you using?

Just need to verify something, what was the name of the downloaded Powerchurch file that you linked to?

Finally, if the NetSetup trick didn't work, you should call Powerchurch support by phone there may be more issues than you know. FWIW ... I'm running Powerchurch on Windows 10 on a desktop and stand-alone on a laptop without issues, so there may be something locally.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.