forgot password

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jurnie05@11

forgot password

Post by jurnie05@11 »

Hello, I need help in changing my password due to I forgot it. I just put the password on and I thought it was the same as on another computer for powerchurch plus 11.1. Well it's not working so I need to change it so I get back into the program.

NeilZ

Re: forgot password

Post by NeilZ »

jurnie05@11 wrote:Hello, I need help in changing my password due to I forgot it. I just put the password on and I thought it was the same as on another computer for powerchurch plus 11.1. Well it's not working so I need to change it so I get back into the program.
Are you the system admin?? If that's the case, and you really forgot that password, you have to call Powerchurch support to get a form that you'll have to have signed by church officers to verify that you are who you say you are, and that they authorize Powerchurch to give you the method to reset the System Admin password. Unfortunately, that won't happen until 9:00 am EDT when the Powerchurch office is open.

If you're just a user, then all you need is for your System Admin to log on to change it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jurnie05@11

Post by jurnie05@11 »

Okay this what happen, we have one computer that four leaders were using and each one has their own password to get into the system. I got a laptop and put powerchurch 11.1 on it so I could do work at home and church. Since other people have access to my office I wanted to put a password on powerchurch so if any one get on the computer for any reason that they wouldn't be able to get into powerchurch. I tried using the something that was placed on the envelope that the disk came in but that didn't either. I was not the one who installed the software on the original computer but I'm the one that installed it on the laptop and I thought I used the same password that I use to get on the original computer.

Tonja

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jurnie05@11 wrote:Okay this what happen, we have one computer that four leaders were using and each one has their own password to get into the system. I got a laptop and put powerchurch 11.1 on it so I could do work at home and church. Since other people have access to my office I wanted to put a password on powerchurch so if any one get on the computer for any reason that they wouldn't be able to get into powerchurch. I tried using the something that was placed on the envelope that the disk came in but that didn't either. I was not the one who installed the software on the original computer but I'm the one that installed it on the laptop and I thought I used the same password that I use to get on the original computer.

Tonja
OK, you're working at home, how are you getting your changes to the church database ??

That said, if you installed Powerchurch on the laptop, you're the System Admin. If you don't remember what you used, you have to go through the process I mentioned in my previous post. No other way to do it.

Sorry.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jurnie05@11

Post by jurnie05@11 »

I back everything that I do on to an USB then update to the original computer

Tonja

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jurnie05@11 wrote:I back everything that I do on to an USB then update to the original computer

Tonja
I'm assuming that you only do the accounting module, right?? If you are restoring the entire database you may be overwriting other people's work. I'm also assuming that you're using the PCPlus backup utility.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jurnie05@11

Post by jurnie05@11 »

I do it all (contribution, membership, AP, etc.), like I said it a small church and no one have the desire to do anything with money. The other 3 people have nothing to do with powerchurch.

Tonja

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jurnie05@11 wrote:I do it all (contribution, membership, AP, etc.), like I said it a small church and no one have the desire to do anything with money. The other 3 people have nothing to do with powerchurch.

Tonja
OK ... so just follow the directions as I listed previously, and they can help you get your password back.

FWIW ... if you're doing a FULL restore to the church computer each time, that restoration includes ALL the data files, which does include the permissions and passwords.

So if you reset the password on your laptop, you'll also reset the password on the main computer when you restore the database.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jurnie05@11

Post by jurnie05@11 »

Ok why did it let me put a new password on the laptop and not require me to use the one that's on the main computer. Can I use the same password that's on the main computer if they give it to me for the laptop also?

Tonja

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jurnie05@11 wrote:Ok why did it let me put a new password on the laptop and not require me to use the one that's on the main computer. Can I use the same password that's on the main computer if they give it to me for the laptop also?

Tonja
No clue since I really don't know how you've been restoring back and forth. Again, call the Powerchurch support techs and they'll help you with this.

Did you restore a full backup from the church computer after you added the password to the laptop?? If so, did you try using the church computer's Powerchurch login password?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jurnie05@11

Post by jurnie05@11 »

The is no I didn't restore it but I just got the password reset. Thank you for all your help and I'm pretty sure I will be writing again to pick your brain more.

Tonja