Data into Excel

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bridgetrochon

Data into Excel

Post by bridgetrochon »

I'm not sure if I'm in the correct area or not...

I am trying to run a system report and put the data into excel without all the report headers and footers. Currently, I run the system report, and then save it to an excel spreadsheet. The system puts the data into excel, including headers/footers. Then I manually delete the headers and footers in excel. Isn't there an easier way around this? :wall:

Still a newbie,
THANKS!! Bridget

NeilZ

Re: Data into Excel

Post by NeilZ »

bridgetrochon wrote:I'm not sure if I'm in the correct area or not...

I am trying to run a system report and put the data into excel without all the report headers and footers. Currently, I run the system report, and then save it to an excel spreadsheet. The system puts the data into excel, including headers/footers. Then I manually delete the headers and footers in excel. Isn't there an easier way around this? :wall:

Still a newbie,
THANKS!! Bridget
As you mention, these are standard reports and thus cannot be modified. Which report are you using?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bridgetrochon

Post by bridgetrochon »

Selected Payroll Data.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bridgetrochon wrote:Selected Payroll Data.
Well .. that one can be an easy one to do in custom reports, but there is a learning curve. However, you would be able to save as an xls file without all the headers and stuff.

What are you using the data for?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bridgetrochon

Post by bridgetrochon »

I didn’t find what I wanted using any of the Payroll system reports. I ended up using “Selected Payroll Data” and downloaded December 2016 payroll information to excel. After deleting the headers/footers in excel, I looked at the criteria Item-number=0 and amount=0. This gave me the data that I wanted to view.