Church Maintenance Planning

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jstark

Church Maintenance Planning

Post by jstark »

Just wondered if there has been or is ever going to be any thought giving about adding a "Maintenence Planning" functionality to PC+ or if any PC+ users are usining any other Maint Planning Software.

NeilZ

Re: Church Maintenance Planning

Post by NeilZ »

jstark1 wrote:Just wondered if there has been or is ever going to be any thought giving about adding a "Maintenence Planning" functionality to PC+ or if any PC+ users are usining any other Maint Planning Software.
FWIW ... I seriously doubt that this type of thing would be added to Powerchurch, as it is completely outside the normal set of church functions, along with the fact that there probably are many commercial packages that cover this specialized area.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jstark

Post by jstark »

Thanks for the reply. I have been a user since the beginning of time, a former Intrument engineer and have taught maintenence planning. In addition, I was on staff at a church for about 8+ years as the maintenance and IT coordinator. I researched many outside applications and settled on one. Unfortunately it was separate frpm PC+. By doing so, we increased cooperation from the "requestors" and our mjtcs gys as the requestor could request repairs/mtce and see it sent to whoever was responsible for planning it and scheduling it. We also saw increased utiation of our volunteers as well as the addition of preventative maintenance which is unheard of in most churches, and for that matter, most companies. Maintenence planning is an avenue for serious cost savings for churches. PC+ has the equipment tracking already so some of the foundations is already there. Thanks again for your reply.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Well, the equipment tracking is mainly stuff like chairs & tables, locations of such items, along with some inventory.

However, adding additional features like that goes beyond simple inventory and location. With a small development staff, trying to include features that satisfy the needs of the many is paramount, and determines where the development funds will be targeted.

Not saying it may not happen, but just saying I wouldn't look for it in the next cycle of things. :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jstark

Post by jstark »

Thanks for prompt reply, consider then partnering with anjother company to add it as a "Add on"