Email setup no longer working

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

usguu

Email setup no longer working

Post by usguu »

I have been successfully sending emails via PowerChurch for quite awhile. All of a sudden a few weeks ago it stopped working. I have rechecked all of the Email settings and everything is correct. I have tried alternating between SSL and TLS. (was using TLS before successfully) I have tried adding the port number onto the outgoing email server (i.e. smtp.mail.me.com:587). (did not need to specify a port number previously to send emails). I have tried ports 587, and 993. Both recommended by iCloud. Nothing is working. The latest error code I get is "Error within Socket Connect:103" According to an error code lookup, this error means "103 = Software caused connection abort" So if I read this correctly, it is saying that the powerchurch software caused connection to abort. Can someone help me to fix this? We really do need to be able to send email from the powerchurch program.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.
Gloria

NeilZ

Re: Email setup no longer working

Post by NeilZ »

usguu wrote:I have been successfully sending emails via PowerChurch for quite awhile. All of a sudden a few weeks ago it stopped working. I have rechecked all of the Email settings and everything is correct. I have tried alternating between SSL and TLS. (was using TLS before successfully) I have tried adding the port number onto the outgoing email server (i.e. smtp.mail.me.com:587). (did not need to specify a port number previously to send emails). I have tried ports 587, and 993. Both recommended by iCloud. Nothing is working. The latest error code I get is "Error within Socket Connect:103" According to an error code lookup, this error means "103 = Software caused connection abort" So if I read this correctly, it is saying that the powerchurch software caused connection to abort. Can someone help me to fix this? We really do need to be able to send email from the powerchurch program.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.
Gloria
OK .. for SSL the port is 587 do not use 993, which is for POP not SMTP. Do you also have the checkbox for Outgoing server needs authentication checked.

Here's what I found on a Google Search:

Code: Select all

SMTP information for the outgoing mail server

Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
    SSL Required: Yes
    If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
    Port: 587
    SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
    Username: Your full iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker@icloud.com, not emilyparker)
    Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server.

Go to the menu FILE -> PREFERENCES -> SYSTEM SETUP menu, and the EMAIL tab. Check the settings are what you see above, then click on the TEST button. If you still get an error, head to the \POWERCHURCH\PCPLUS115 directory and locate the file i]EmailSession.log[/i] . Open it and look at the first line,

Code: Select all

it should say <SessionLog>, and the next line shoud have the date and time:
<Begin>2017-07-06T14:40:11</Begin>
If it does not show the date and time you pressed the TEST button, scroll down until you do see it. Cut and paste here everything from the Session Log file to the last line of the file, which should say /SessionLog.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.