PC Online on a Chromebook computer

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CranfordUMC

PC Online on a Chromebook computer

Post by CranfordUMC »

Is anyone running PC Online on a Chromebook? I have an ASUA Chromebook flip running the beta software so I can get to the Android Play Store. After loading the Android app Go-Global client and setting it up as directed by the PC support people, I have been able to get connected and get to the individual user id/password logon screen. It is at this point where my Chromebook keyboard does not work (the mouse/keypad however does work). The big mystery is that at one point it did work. I can only assume that an upgrade or setting to the Chromebook software or my ASUA Chrombook may have changed causing this. I even tried to connect an external keyboard with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Steve Heller
Treasurer
Cranford United Methodist Church

NeilZ

Re: PC Online on a Chromebook computer

Post by NeilZ »

CranfordUMC wrote:Is anyone running PC Online on a Chromebook? I have an ASUA Chromebook flip running the beta software so I can get to the Android Play Store. After loading the Android app Go-Global client and setting it up as directed by the PC support people, I have been able to get connected and get to the individual user id/password logon screen. It is at this point where my Chromebook keyboard does not work (the mouse/keypad however does work). The big mystery is that at one point it did work. I can only assume that an upgrade or setting to the Chromebook software or my ASUA Chrombook may have changed causing this. I even tried to connect an external keyboard with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
There is an Android IDS client for Powerchurch, is that what' you're using??

As you have free phone support with Powerchurch online, I suggest that you call as something like this requires 'real time' interactions.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

The Android IDS client for Power Church is Go-Global. The Power Church support team helped me get it setup. I didn't want to bother the support team for something that is not critical since I use my real computer for actual daily work with no problems. It would just be more convenient to use the Chromebook for meetings. Just thought someone else may be using a Chromebook and have some suggestions. Guess I may just give support a call sometime. It is not a showstopper but would be helpful if I could get it to work again.
Steve Heller
Treasurer

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

OK, Determination and 40 years as a computer programmer has paid off. Instead of using the Chromebook keyboard, I flipped the screen over and was able to use the "on screen" Go-Global keyboard to enter data. It is not very user friendly because it takes up half the screen when being used but it can be reduced when not in use so you see all of Power Church. Definitely not for use in daily work however it would work for showing information during a meeting. Just though I would let everyone know. You also need to use the BETA version of Chrome OS to get to the Android version of Go-Global.
Steve Heller
Treasurer

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Considering that the app was designed for Android tablets and phones, I'm not surprised it doesn't support a full keyboard. Well, glad to hear that you got it working.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.