Converting from PC Desktop to Online

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bwkadmin

Converting from PC Desktop to Online

Post by bwkadmin »

Hi,
I work for an accounting firm who has a new client using the desktop version of PowerChurch. Is it possible to export their data and import it into PC Online?
aWe have no experience with the software so I'd thought I'd post here. Are there Any considerations or capability differences we should know about if we convert our client?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Converting from PC Desktop to Online

Post by Zorak »

When we receive your order for PowerChurch Online, we ask for one to two business days to get everything set up on our servers. During that time, we will have you send us a backup of your existing PowerChurch Plus data. You can create a backup from under Utilities > Backup & Restore > Backup Files.

In most cases, backup zip files are small enough to simply attach to an e-mail addressed to data@powerchurch.com. If the file is too large to e-mail, there is a page on our web site at http://www.powerchurch.com/data that can be used to upload the backup file directly to our server. When we receive the backup, we will get it loaded up on our servers for you.

We will send an e-mail to you with instructions once the account is all set up and ready to go.

bwkadmin

Re: Converting from PC Desktop to Online

Post by bwkadmin »

Thanks for your reply. I will pass this information on to our firm.
Have a great day!